• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know how to describe what I'm seeing.  I usually write my Help topics in Arial 10pt font.  I have the heading in a different font size and color.  Everything looked fine, but now when I open a Help file the wording looks tiny.  When I check the font size it says Arial 10pt, but it looks like 6pt.  Anyone every seen this and how do I fix?  The font doesn't even look Arial.  How did it get changed?  I did not modify the style template at all.  I have over 1000 topics in this one Help file.  Will I have to touch each topic to fix?  I would copy something in but I don't know if it would look right.  UGH!  Time to go home for the night.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you accidentally changed the zoom in your browser? If you're using Internet Explorer, you should be able to see the zoom % in the bottom right corner of the status bar. Just click the drop-down and select 100%. Or you can press Ctrl and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out.

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you need to tell us some more info - what kind of help are you producing? Maybe a screenshot of what you're seeing would help - use the camera icon in the web interface to upload a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of what I'm seeing.  I thought it was the zoom but it is set at 100%.  My HTML output is tiny font.  I know I'm missing something simple but I can't figure it out.  I have been importing topics from one help file to another but both help files have the same skin - font and size are all the same.  I recently went from 7.0 to 9.0 so could it be something with that?  I'm scatching my head.

Help Pod.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no font name next to the style name (Normal). That suggests a CSS issue. Try linking to a different CSS to confirm.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking now that my css that I created might be corrupted so I highlighted all the topics and unassigned the css I had originally assigned.  Now my data looks readable but not pretty.  I'm going to try and create a new css and assign to my topics.  Not sure how my font got unassigned from my topics.  I didn't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have gone to the toolbar where there is an icon that allows you to apply a different CSS. Some paragraphs might not have looked right because they use a style not in the new CSS but it would have told you if the Normal style was working from a different CSS.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - this is just the topic editor within RH, it's not your help output itself. What you see here is not necessarily what you get when you produce the help output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My output didn't look right either.  I have assigned a new style sheet HtmlHelp to all my topics and it looks good.  The font size is a little bigger than normal but hopefully our software users can read a little easier when they remember to press F1 instead of picking up the phone and calling.  That is another problem all together.  Thanks for input.  Love the Forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realise you can edit the styles? What is supplied is just a starter, you don't have to accept the styles as they are.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do realize you can edit the styles, but in actually looks really good in this new one.  The paragraph spacing is nice.  I'm the only one at the company that uses RoboHelp so I don't have anyone that I can easily ask questions to so I often go to Forum to ask what may be simple questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what the forum is for. When answering questions you often don't know how much the posters knows so best to check when not sure.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp