Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to activate inplace editing?

Jul 9, 2012 6:20 AM

In the documentation page for the rich text editor (http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/wcm/using_rich_text_editor.html), inplace editing is described this way:

INPLACE EDITING MODE
In addition to the dialog based Rich Text Editing mode, CQ also provides an Inplace Editing mode, which allows direct editing of the text as it is displayed in the layout of the page.
Click twice on a paragraph (a slow double-click) to enter the Inplace Editing mode (the component border will now be orange).
You will be able to directly edit the text on the page, instead of inside a dialog window. In this mode, you will be provided with a toolbar at the top of the page. Just make your changes and they will be automatically saved.

I used the right components (Text & Image, Title) in a Geometrixx document but the slow double-click does not work.

The components have the cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing node with an active attribute with a value of true.

Does someone know what to do, to make the inplace editing work?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to belavoigt

Which cq version and browser you are using?   Is it happening for all component. Try for default page as show below and does it works?

Inplace.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 7:28 AM   in reply to belavoigt

It is known issue & does not work in chrome.  As a workaround use ff or file a daycare to track it down.

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/technical_requirements .html#Supported%20Client%20Platforms

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 2:26 PM   in reply to Sham HC

does inplace editing only work when the component is inside a parsys?  when i add the foundation/text component to a paragraph, i am able to use inplace editing, but when i add a text component right next to the parsys component, ie.

<cq:include path="parsys" resourceType="foundation/components/parsys"/>

<cq:include path="text" resourceType="foundation/components/title"/>

the text component inside the parsys will support inplace editing, but the text component that's declared in the jsp template does not.  i've tried this both in IE and FF.  is this expected?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 6:52 PM   in reply to _edmond

Yes it is expected as Inplace editing does not work for static included components

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 6:12 PM   in reply to Sham HC

thanks for your reply.  is there a reason why it's expected?  is this a limitation of the inplace editing functionality and are there plans to add in place editing to components that are manually included into a template?

thanks,

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 5:07 PM   in reply to _edmond

The enhancement request is in place but not recieved priority. If you have valid priority business use case please file daycare ticket.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 1:09 AM   in reply to belavoigt

The in place editing works for the manually added text component. You can right click and then client on the component.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points