• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS6/Creative Cloud fails to Launch Error: 5?

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After long chat with Adobe agent online and on phone, and 3 uninstall and reinstalls. Illustrator CS6 fails to launch after download to my MacBook Pro Intel running 10.7.4 Lion OSX. Any pointers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exatly the same problem, plus my photoshop cs6 won't work either!! please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my 30 day trials of PS (July 2012) & Ai (Aug 2012) expired (BTW, imac, Lion 10.7.4), I purchased A CCM but could not get the adobe manager to launch either Ai or PS after successful installation...however, the AM would launch any other CCM app after installation.  The AM kept indicating my trial had expired and, through the "License this software" button, prompted for a serial num.  I did not receive an email from adobe w/a serial number & did not find one on my adobe products or subscriptions page.    After 50 minutes of tech support's failed attempts at helping me try to launch w/a serial number, I was told they would call me back w/in 24-48 hrs.  In continuing to try on my own to solve the problem, I decided to click on the "privacy policy" button located next to the "License this software" button.  I checked the box in the window it opened, then clicked on the "sign in button" (or a continue button..don't remember which) & then instead of being prompted for a serial number, I was prompted for my password.  I entered my adobe password, & Ai launched!.  I was finally in!  PS also would then launch with no problem as well.  The problem all along was w/the privacy policy????!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem with Dreamweaver about half the time... sometimes it launches just fine (in 2 to 3 seconds) but other times it hangs indefinately (with a black background behind the logo).

System is Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, with AMD Phenom II 965 and 8 GB ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. I am having this issue. I'm on a mac running 10.6.3 Snow Leopard. I downloaded and installed creative suite CS6 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and while Photoshop will launch fine, I get an error message (configuration error: 5) when I try to launch Illustrator or InDesign.

I've been on the phone and chatting with tech support for the past two days. I've tried uninstalling, using the adobe cleaner  program and downloading/installing them again in a new admin account on my computer, but that didn't work. I've also tried installing them in Safe Mode and that didn't work either.

Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have that same error with all three (PS, AI, ID). Mac Pro, 10.7.4, literally fresh from the factory.

We've also been in the phone and chatting with support for NINE days with no resolution. Uninstal, redownload, install. Adobe Cleaner, checking permissions in "Adobe PCD" and "SLStore" in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/.

Adobe PCD should be read & write for System, read only for all others.

SLStore should be read/write for everyone.

Per tech support instruction, we've even logged into the mac under various Adobe Test user accounts, in addition as a root user.

Same problems for all use raccounts on the mac, with the exception with being logged in as a root user. InDesign's application icon will bounce once in the doc, and then vanish.

Has ANYONE had any luck in resolving this? We've lost more than a week and it is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL that this machine be up & running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Illustrator and Indesign on Macbook Pro 10.8 and gone through the same adobe tech support. This last time they were trying to get me to download the .dmg files from adobe.com rather than using the application manager. Still had the same problem though. Such a waste of time!!!

Has anyone had any luck with solving this yet?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of tomorrow, we will have been dead in the water on ours for TWO WEEKS with no resolution.

Someone from Adobe needs to drop in here and admit there is a problem, and that they are actually doing something about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 weeks is unbelievable!! Yes, Adobe needs to address this situaiton asap. My work has come to a total halt and I'm having to tell clients to go elsewhere until I've got it resolved.

They've got to have a team trying to get to the root of this issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in·san·i·ty

Noun:
  1. The state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.
  2. Extreme foolishness or irrationality.
  3. Repeating the same steps, expecting different results.

We gave up on Adobe's tech support and just started hammering Adobe Sales. The last time we called tech support, they told us to talk to Apple...

As of Yesterday, PS finally downloaded and installed correctly and runs. And Muse (what a pointless Application), which we can't use...

Acrobat will download and install as a trial with zero (0) days left, when it should be properly registered w/ cloud.

Illustrator STILL does the same thing as detailed by the OP (Error: 5).

InDesign does the same thing (Error: 5).

The guy who's been dealing with this on our end is totally fried after the laundry list of tech and sales people he's talked too, in addition to the sales manager @ Adobe. But at least we may be getting somewhere. I'll explain.

Due to our dilligence, the Adobe Sales Manager is sending our tech support logs to their IT department to figure out what's really going on. Possibly to do with "something on the back end preventing download due to our account ID number".

Simply opening tech trouble tickets is pointless as they will simply close the ticket with a "resolved" sticker. This has happened twice (we now have a 3rd case number open).

OK community, we need your support. I suspect that if I post the relevent info here, my post will be deleted by the invisible forum grooming munkies.

We need as many people having this problem to contact someone specific. If you are having this issue still, contact us via the email address attached to my account. Then, use the contact info I'll send back and hammer the appropriate person.

Don't be complacent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I initiated this posting June 20. Is there a common operating system in question?  I started with Snow Leopard and failed; moved to Lion and failed. After so many hours of frustration and at least 4 ADOBE CCS technicians, I have quit trying. Can anyone recommend an alternate program? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternate program?

If all you are doing is producing RGB and/or CMYK original illustrations, you could try the fallowing:

* Inkwell

* Corel Draw

* Inkscape (free, opensource -- my 5-year-old has been using this for the last 6 months, easy to learn)

* iDraw

That should get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Wap_Exhibits: Your profile email is listed as private so it does not show on your member page.  See my posting above for what finally worked for me to get Ai & PS to launch after installation on my CCM.  I hope it works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sgem@aol.com : Thank you for the information.

One of my associates has actually, out of total frustration, taken the machine to an Apple store. Basically, "they can make it work or I want a refund"...

I'm glad your trick worked for you. However, a "privacy policy" check box is inconceivable as being the source of our problem as it would have been a very, very common issue accross platforms (mac & win). But if it is, some programmer heads need to roll.

We've had THREE WEEKS of near-constant interaction with no less that seven different adobe tech support people. Plus one tech from Adobe's "IT" department here in the US. There has been no less than three seperate instances of technitians remotely controlling our mac (in one instance for two solid days in two rounds -- picked up where he left off the day previous) to troubleshoot the issue. If it was as you describe, for us, it would have been solved weeks ago.

This is a serious problem. We've lost THREE WEEKS of productivity because of this. I've been operating and troubleshooting Macs (and Windows, and Linux, and SGI machines) for over 20 years and I've never seen support "technitians" as incompitent as this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just received a progress report from my associate who took the machine to the Apple store.

It took a total nuke & pave of the primary boot drive to solve the problem. Remeber, this machine was literally new out of the box. There must have been something wrong with the default install as it shipped with the machine that was preventing the Adobe products from installing correctly.

If you are having this same issue, and none of the other suggestions work for you, this may be the only thing that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some detail...

Yes, we are installing from a disc now.

We have a rather significant update -- we now have the product working.

We took the Mac to an Apple store. They did a nuke & pave (reinstalled the OS clean). Once that was accomplished, the usual update cycles were done to get it as up to date as possible (which was what we had done when we first received the machine).

Then, my associate installed Adobe CS from the disc. Once he tried to launch one of the applications we had been receiving the Error: 5 from, it immediately asked us to instal Java Runtime -- which is what the Adobe Cloud applications *DID NOT EVEN ONCE* ask us to do. There are no notes or important alerts that Java Runtime was even remotely *IMPORTANT* for installing, let alone *RUNNING* Adobe products. As of Mac OS X 10.7, Apple *DOES NOT* ship with Java Runtime installed by default.

The actual Adobe Cloud and Demo installers appear not to be complete enough to actually warn the customer that Java Runtime is needed. This is a rather critical failure on Adobe's part in not alerting their customer that Java Runtime is a necessity as that one critical thing resolved our problem. There is also a critical failing in Adobe's product uninstaller applications and the so named Adobe Cleaner -- none of them do a complete enough job of actually removing every trace of Adobe products to make the next instal effective.

Post note: Adobe cannot rely on "common internet knowledge" to diseminate the fact that Java Runtime is important to running their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded Java, which was not on my Mac OS 10.7.4.  Tried to install CS6 Illustrator. Same error 5 message. Unbelievable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you've tried installed CS6 on the current OS instal, I'm affraid you're going to need to start froma completely clean OS instal. It is literally the only thing that fixed it for us.

Fresh OS instal + updates + Java Runtime (in that order -- DO NOT deviate from it). Only then do you attempt the CS6 instal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines