Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Working with markers

Aug 1, 2012 1:36 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2012 1:36 AM   in reply to Community Help

It would be good to get an explanation about how to use a Flash Cue Point marker to trigger events or navigate interactive content meant to be played back with Adobe Flash technology.

Jeff Sengstack

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 10:34 PM   in reply to Community Help

Regarding adding Web Link markers: Help states, "When the movie is included in a web page and the marker is reached in the movie, the web page automatically opens. Web links work only with supported formats such as QuickTime."

This prompts two questions:

1) What are the supported formats?

2) If the web page automatically opens, what happens to the playback of the rest of the video?

Thanks,

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 3:05 PM   in reply to Community Help

Comment, chapter, web link, and Flash cue point markers all contain text. Is there a search for a marker based on its text content?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have transcoding issues with one of my plugins when I ->send to Encore. The Neat Video DeNoiser doesn't get applied when Encore transcodes it. Is thre any format to encode to from the Premiere Pro sequence to import into Encore as a timeline that will preserve the Encore markers?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 7:03 AM   in reply to GWeglarz

We also use Neat Video from time to time and always export to DVD MPEG2 right from Premiere Pro instead of having Encore do it.  Once the export is done you simply bring them in to Encore as an asset and it's ready to go (complete with chapter markers).  We also find that the transcoding happens faster this way.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to Community Help

Encore doesn't read chapter markers from nested sequences.  Is there a way to copy sequence markers of any kind from a nest sequence to the outer sequence? For example, this would be useful when using Encore to create H.264 HD BluRay discs from a nested sequence vs. a widescreen SD version from an outer sequence that's formatted for SD.  Right now, I seem to have to hand-recreate the chapter markers in the outer sequence.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2012 4:52 PM   in reply to Community Help

Is there any way to change the colors of the comment markers (in FCP and Avid there are many, many colors to choose from)?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2012 5:27 PM   in reply to matt655321

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 9:21 AM   in reply to Community Help

Out of the box, clip markers can only be set in the Source Monitor.  There is a keyboard shortcut you can set to make that possible in the sequence as well, but it's blank by default.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to Community Help

The instructions on this page are mostly correct but partially misleading. They say:

===========

To add a marker to a clip in the Timeline, do the following:

Set up a keyboard shortcut for "Add Clip Marker" in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts (Windows), or Premiere Pro > Keyboard Shortcuts (Mac OS).

Select the clip.

Place the Plahead where you want to place the marker.

Choose Marker > Add Marker, or press M.

============

That final line is incorrect. It will add a Timeline Marker not a Clip Marker. You need to use the keyboard shortcut you made in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box. The menu command -- Add Clip Marker -- is not in any menu. To find it in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box, search for "Add Clip Marker." It is in the Panels > Timeline Panel section. Give it a shortcut and use that shortcut when you want to add a marker to a clip in the Timeline.

NOTE: Another, and perhaps easier, way to do this is to add the marker to a clip open in the Source Monitor. If you have a clip in a sequence in the Timeline, double-click it to open it in the in the Source Monitor and add the marker there (press the M key).

Jeff Sengstack

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to Sengstack

Sengstack wrote:

The instructions on this page are mostly correct but partially misleading. They say:

===========

Choose Marker > Add Marker, or press M.

============

That final line is incorrect.

That is fixed now.

Sengstack wrote:

NOTE: Another, and perhaps easier, way to do this is to add the marker to a clip open in the Source Monitor. If you have a clip in a sequence in the Timeline, double-click it to open it in the in the Source Monitor and add the marker there (press the M key).

That is now added.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 1:31 PM   in reply to Sengstack

Sengstack wrote:

It would be good to get an explanation about how to use a Flash Cue Point marker to trigger events or navigate interactive content meant to be played back with Adobe Flash technology.

I added some community content and a link to Flash documentation which explains how this works.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 1:34 PM   in reply to Warticol

Warticol wrote:

Encore doesn't read chapter markers from nested sequences.  Is there a way to copy sequence markers of any kind from a nest sequence to the outer sequence? For example, this would be useful when using Encore to create H.264 HD BluRay discs from a nested sequence vs. a widescreen SD version from an outer sequence that's formatted for SD.  Right now, I seem to have to hand-recreate the chapter markers in the outer sequence.

I don't believe so. Create a feature request: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 8:10 AM   in reply to Community Help

Is there a way to slide all markers across the timeline? I'd like to delete some footage from the start of a sequence, and use a tool such as Ripple Delete to move everything remaining to start of sequence, and have markers move along with the footage. It appears this is not possible, how do I mark key moments in the sequence and also be able to edit the sequence without the markers becoming incorrectly placed?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to Gordon James McDowell

At the moment, you can't.  Sequence markers are tied to the sequence.  If they need moving, you have to manually move them one at a time.

Hopefully this next release from Adobe will see the end of their mission to create Adobe Premiere Cut Pro and focus will revert back towards long time user requests, like sequence and Encore markers that can be tied to a specific frame of video, and move or nest with that video.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to Community Help

has anyone found a non-jump-through-the-hoops solution to exporting chapter markers from Premiere 6 for use in iDVD? I have been jumping through hoops for a few months now and I'd love to hear what other people out there are doing.

thanks for any suggestions

-Tom

www.reelifeproductions.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points