Skip navigation
Otlas405
Currently Being Moderated

How to remove "X" button from Rollover Slidelet?

Aug 2, 2012 12:37 AM

Tags: #x #remove #button #slidelet #rollover #hide

Hi,

I am working with Rollover Slidelets in Captivate 6 and I can't find a way to hide/remove the "X" button in top right corner of a slidelet.

I believe this is possible because there is no "x" in my previous project. I've compared settings and still couldn't find the difference responsible for it.

What am I missing?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 1:07 AM   in reply to Otlas405

Could you check if you have perhaps ticked the option 'Stick slidelet' in the Action accordion of the slidelet? Because that is causing the appearance of the X to close the slidelet:

stickslidelet.png

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 1:14 AM   in reply to Otlas405

That is strange, because I always check before answering, and I do not see that X with the option unticked, as you can see:

Slidelet.png

Was this a project created in CP6 or an upgraded one?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 1:19 AM   in reply to Otlas405

It is a bit difficult when I cannot reproduce your problem on my PC. Are you on PC or Mac? Could you try creating a rollover slidelet in a blank project to see if this is a consistent behavior or just happening in that project? Perhaps you already tried that, in that case I apologize,

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 1:30 AM   in reply to Otlas405

Upgraded projects can show some weird issues at times.

Try removing the slidelet and reinserting a new one from Cp6 to see if it behaves differently.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 1:40 AM   in reply to Otlas405

Do you mind losing customization, because if not, would suggest to delete the Preferences folder while Captivate is closed. Maybe something has corrupted there. This folder is labeled 'Captivate 6.0' and can be found in your profile:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Adobe

Beware: it is a system folder, perhaps it is hidden (default) and you'll have to adapt Explorer settings

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 1:58 AM   in reply to Otlas405

Yes, that seems to be the case. And not easy to find the 'culprit'

Try this: create a new blank project with the same resolution, copy/paste slides by small bunches and test regularly if everything is OK. Do not paste the slides with rollover slidelets, try to recreate them (perhaps use the Library with assets from the original project as External Library).

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to Otlas405

Is Adobe planning to release a fix for this issue?  I have a project with 6 rollover slidelets on one slide, none appear at the beginning of the slide and I have the same issue, X doesn't appear if the slidelet starts at 0, but does if it appears after 0.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 12:55 PM   in reply to BethCollins2011

I am having this same issue whene the rollover slidelets are not at the beginning of the slide. Any word on if this is being worked on?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points