Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bandwidth concerns...

Jul 31, 2012 10:08 PM

I continue to struggle with periodic severely limited bandwidth ... Particularly with the Acrobat.com servers. It seems sluggish both to the desktop and when pushing out to the Distribution servers.

For example it took nearly 40 minutes this morning to publish a 50Mb folio.

Better this evening PST...but I can't always wait til late afternoon evening just to quickly push folios out!

I do try to preview on IPad .. But even a simple sidecar update forces a seemingly complete re-upload of the entire folio to Acrobat.com.

Can anyone from Adobe speak to this...Maybe Zeke can speak to it on the v22 release webinar?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 10:15 PM   in reply to Mike Lipson

I what time zone are you?

We here in central europe see a very noticeable drop on some weekdays after

5pm that lasts until 1 or 2 o'clock where it is really hard to make updates

and publish to the server.

—Johannes

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to Mike Lipson

I have the same question as Johannes. Please follow up with me at roche@adobe.com<mailto:roche@adobe.com>. We can compare your experience to some monitoring we run and determine whether this is a problem we're detecting as well.

Thanks.

// James Roche

// I was born lucky

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to Mike Lipson

Agreed. Mornings on the West Coast are particularly bad. I understand that there are innevitably going to be problems because of the significant uptick in use at this time of day, but the impact is significant. 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 2:28 AM   in reply to Scott Landis

I'm in the UK - and I struggle ALL of the time, no matter what time of day!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to tim.hughes

I'm with you Tim, speeds in the UK aren't that good, early mornings are best for me, but take this afternoon... numerous attempts and timeout crashes I presume, equating to nearly 4 hours to d/l 197Mb folio. Maybe it's all those eyes glued to BBC Olympics video feeds ;]

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to HugoKing321

I'm glad it's not only me! You're most probably right!! Not only is the olympics ruining my journey to work, it's ruining the testing speeds! aha - I was beggining to think it was just my machine that hated me - but I'm glad we're all in the same boat!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points