Skip navigation
pmg~
Currently Being Moderated

Special characters are not shown in compare document report in Acrobat X

Jul 30, 2012 10:51 PM

Hi All,

I have a pdf document which is having some special characters like üὄ. Now I have updated the document with few corrections and while compare document in Acrobat X special characters are not shown in the report.

Can any one please look into this and give suggestion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to pmg~

pmg~

You are not addressing Adobe. We are Acrobat users who are using our knowledge to try to help. Can you provide a screen shot of what you are seeing. Does this happen in only one document comparison, or is it repeatable? What platform are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to pmg~

There are no controls in the Compare Document feature which should be causing such a result, that I know of.

To report a bug (which this could be), it would have to be reproducable.

I'm a little confused about the application version you're on. In the title, you said Acrobat X. In your most recent reply, you said Acrobat 9.

If you can demonstrate a reproducable error in Acrobat X, it could be reported, so it could be fixed in Acrobat X or a later version.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 11:19 AM   in reply to pmg~

It looks like when your 3B2 application is generating the PDF, the fonts aren't embedded. Then, when you open the file on you system, you're experiencing font substitution. To check this, look under File > Document Properties and check setting under the Font tab.

Also, when you compare the PDFs are you selecting "Reports" in the Document Description area of the Comparison Dialog?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

This is the same issue mentioned in your discussion Document compare is not capturing the changes perfectely - which has been indentified as a bug.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points