Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding Fonts Into A PDF

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I'm having trouble sending my files to the printers, my fonts is jumping...

How do i make sure that my fonts are embedded into my PDF file,

I'm using indesign cs5.5 Please can someone help me, I have distiller as well.

Thank You

Kind Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean: "...my fonts are jumping...."?

InDesign ALWAYS embed fonts, there is no option for it not to embed them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Thanks for the reply to my question.

When i send my saved PDF file to the printer via Email they always phone me and say that my fonts are showing blocks and unreadable text.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except in the case where font embedding is not allowed by the font creators. In that case you should get in contact with the font creator and get a license that does allow embedding, if one exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting the PDF, or printing to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Steve, I'm not sure what you mean by the fonts jumping, but I'm wondering if you have tried a different font to see if the problem goes away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign warns you when you attempt to export a PDF when using an unembeddable font. On the other hand, maybe you selected "Continue anyway and do not warn me ever again".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check one of your problematic PDFs with Acrobat? Go to the Document Properties dialog and check the "Fonts" tab. That way you can verify if your fonts are embedded.

It's really straightforward: where Acrobat does *not* tell you a font is "(Embedded)" or "(Embedded subset)", that font is missing.

If you find you are creating files without embedding all fonts, you need to review your workflow. As I said above, you might have switched off InDesign's warnings for this.

Bear in mind it's also possible your PDFs are fine and it's your printer that needs to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Thank You so much i'm designing adverts for an magazine NN Trader you can check it on Facebook, But when I send my magazine Exported PDF file to my printer they are having font problems, so maybe like you said they should upgrade their printer software.

I just need this problem to be sorted out as why its costing me time that i don't have.

Thank yo again

Kind Regards

Eugene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Acrobat Pro? It would REALLY be helpful to perform the check Jongware has sugested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter Spier

Yes i do have it Acrobat Pro x 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then please check the document properties dialog Fonts tab and report back any fonts that are listed that do not include the Words Embedded or Embedded Subset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines