Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

navigateToURL doesn't work in .html

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a button in my flash which leads to another .html page. Here's my as3 code :

formations.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, myBtnClicked);

function myBtnClicked(e:MouseEvent):void { 

navigateToURL(new URLRequest(www.thelink.com));

}

When I preview in flash, it works just fine. When I look at the .swf file alone, it works fine too. But when I open it in my .html file, nothing happens!

I looked in different forums to search for a possible solution : someone said to change all the allowScriptAccess parameters to "always" in the .html code, which I did and it still doesn't work. Another person said to change all the allowFullScreen parameters to "true" (I did it too, although I'm not quite sure how this could solve my problem).

In the help pages of Adobe I found that if I added a parameter to my navigateToURL like _blank, the security would be higher, so I removed it : still doesn't work.

In Chrome I receive an alert message that tells me to change my flash player parameters : but I can't actually expect people to do that.

So, I'm out of ideas there... Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you very much!

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Have you tried testing on a server?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried testing on a server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No! I thought that because we don't use a ftp server but a local one that it would'nt work, but it does! Thank you so much for the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines