Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Authorize My Flickr Account in LR4.1 RC2

Apr 29, 2012 2:57 PM

Tags: #authorize #flickr #flickr_publishing

I am unable to authorize my flickr account in Lightroom. I had long used the LR publishing service to upload my photos to flickr. When I upgraded to LR 4.1 I experienced the same problems as everyone else. I have now upgraded to LR 4.1RC2 and I understand that LR4.1 RC2 corrected the link with Flickr. I no longer get the error message that I had been getting with RC1. However, LR wants me to authorize my account. When I try to do that I get a message that It will take me to a web page in my browser to log in to Flickr. I then tell it to authorize but nothing happens. It does not open a window in my browser. Is there some other way to login to my flicker account through LR so I can get it to authorize? What should I do differently to get LR to publish to my flickr account?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 4:35 AM   in reply to dspolo1

Same problem here. Thought it was du to choosing Rockmelt as default browser, but having tried safari and everything else- still nothing happens when clicking "authorize"

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 2:06 PM   in reply to Enkidudledoo

Same here, just bought lightroom and updated to 4.1.  Now i try to setup the flickr connection and nothing happens when i click "authorize".  Also deactivated my firewall, same difference.  The facebook plugin on the other hand opens firefox to log in as promised... Please fix!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 4:47 PM   in reply to dspolo1

Same here, using Internet explorer or Chrome, doesn't change...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 12:25 AM   in reply to matthieu.b

I have the same problem:

• click 'authorize'
    • notohing is done
    • Ligtroom doesn't open my webbrowser

The same with creatin new Flickr service

Lightroom 4.1, Windows 64bit, sefault Flickr service, Chrome

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to MichalFOTO

It is reported BUG ?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 8:55 PM   in reply to MichalFOTO

Any updates on this? I have a similar problem on my desktop but my laptop works fine. In my case I click on Authorize from within LR and it takes me to Flickr, gives me a run down of what I am doing, but after clicking on "Ok, I'll Authorize It" the page updates me to a "Page Cannont be Displayed" with the URL: lightroom://com.adobe.lightroom.export.flickr/#?oauth_token=721576308 63685382-4ec6eff2e271d694&oauth_verifier=da8201c71e033d38.  I have attempted to de-authorize and re-authorize with no luck. I am using LR 4.1, Win 7 Pro 64bit, IE9

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 4:06 AM   in reply to dspolo1

Same problem here...I wish somebody from the Professional Community would weigh in with an answer.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 8:50 AM   in reply to Jazzster_1

Well I played around with the working laptop and now that does not work. Same issue as I mentioned above. and Yes where is the Professional community on this???

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to Ca.morgan25

I'm having the same problem.

I click Authorize on a new or old flickr profile in Lightroom 4.1.

I'm taken to a flickr page where I'm logged in and I can click to Authorize.  When clicking it attempts to navigate the following URL

lightroom://com.adobe.lightroom.export.flickr/#?oauth_token=7215763105 3286364-2486ce02a4613771&oauth_verifier=a6175173bbc38084

The URL is obviously broken and goes no where.  I've tried to hack the correct URL to authorize which must be somthing like

http://www.flickr.com/services/oauth/authorize?perms=delete&oauth_toke n=72157631053198530-b0336f3428cfb476&oauth_verifier=a6175173bbc38084

But no luck.  Can Adobe suggest a workaround please?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 1:02 PM   in reply to weeatmice

Ok, it suddently worked with no apparent changes to the set up.  The lightroom:// URL isnt broken as I suggested above - but no browser was recognising it properly.  I suspect others have had the same sudden resolution and thats why all the threads I've seen on this go nowhere - peoples accounts just worked.

I suggest anyone with this problem, set IE as your default browser and restart.  It has somthing to do with lightroom:// being correctly registered as a protocol.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 1:21 PM   in reply to weeatmice

Weeatmice,

that did not work for me. I flushed my cache, reset IE, restored defaults, .... I did speak to both flickr and adobe. Flickr told me that it was an adobe issue and Adobe said it was a flickr issue. However Adobe did provide me with more information (not sure if it is correct) but they said that flickr is in the process of updating their backend programing and that is the problem. Once that is completed then on the next LR4 update the built-in flickr add-on should work. They also told me that I could use another add-on and that does work, its the one that is by jfriedl. Either way it sounds like I will have to wait for the next LR4 update. Other than that I am now in the process of finding another site, looking at 500px for the past couple days. their add-on works just fine!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 1:46 PM   in reply to Ca.morgan25

Strange issue really.  Both IE and Firefox are correctly recognising the URL now here.  I havent changed anything.

It now generates the following, I click allow and its done.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8423/7776374624_c041ff26c9_b.jpg

500px is a better site in general.  Good luck with your flickr issue and have fun on 500px

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 2:05 PM   in reply to weeatmice

Well I am glad to see that maybe I will get lucky and it will just start to work again. Oh well...

I am really liking the 500px site, but I still would like flickr to work.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 2:10 PM   in reply to Ca.morgan25

Might be worth looking at lightroom protocol issue threads.  This also seems to affect facebook uploads.

The steps mentioned by the Adobe guy in post #4 could be worth trying.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/715231

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 4:33 PM   in reply to weeatmice

thanks i will took a look

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2012 3:54 PM   in reply to dspolo1

It happend to me also, this is how I fixed it:

1. Go into your flickr services page: www.flickr.com/services/

2. Click on the link "Apps You're Using"

3. You will see a list of apps you are using and should see Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.

4. Click "Remove permission?" next to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and revoke this apps permissions.

5. In Lightroom configure the Flickr publish service: click on the "Authorize" button and your browser will popup again as usual. Authorize and return to lightroom. All fixed

Hope it works for you guys!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 6:33 AM   in reply to dspolo1

YEP another dissatisfied LR4 user here.

I did what you suggested Gauthier1977. My problem is that when reconfigur LR4 for Flicker and authorize on Flicker I get the following msg:

Can't save changes.JPG

Well you will not let me sign in LR! The SAVE buton is not active.

I'm getting very frustrated with Adobe. I bought my LR4 a month or two before Adobe announced the release of LR5. Already I have run into 2 (two) bugs in as many days. [MS Outlook will not save sent mails form LR] Paying the same amount for the LR5 upgrade as I paid for the original LR4 is not an option. And I stongly suggest Adobe either fix the bugs or return the money.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to steenski

I have a very similar situation to Steenski.

In fact at the top of the dialog box the flickr login button is totally missing!  I have been regularly uploading to flickr from LR4.4 with no problems until today when links appear to have been lost.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2013 4:06 PM   in reply to Balliolman

Steenski, your screen shot is missing the most important section of this dialog box. We need to see the Flickr Account rollout to see that the authorization pushed through from Flickr to Lightroom correctly. If the account authorization has not passed through, you cannot save.

Balliolman, there is no login button (so it missing is totally expected). Instead, under the second rollout you should have a button that says Authorize. If it has worked in the past, try Removing the Authorization and Authorize again.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2013 9:38 AM   in reply to Brett N

Brett, what do you mean by Flickr Account rollout?

Here is what I do:

Capture1.JPG

I authorize

=>

Capture2.JPG

...authorize again

Capture3.JPG

...click "Done"

After that the Save button still is not highlighted.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to Steenski1

Each of the sections that can be hidden away is a rollout: Publish Service, Flickr Account, Flickr Title, File Naming, Video, File Settings, Image Sizing...

There are three buttons under the Flickr Account rollout: Authorize, Change Account, and Remove Authorization. Before authorization, only the Authorize button is available, the other two are greyed out. Once authorization is complete, the buttons are reversed. If the buttons are not reversed (as appears to be the case in your last screen shot) the save button will not be available either because nothing has changed.

We need to look at this closer. Just because you've clicked the Done button doesn't mean this is done. Basically, how this is supposed to work is the Flickr website is supposed to send an authentication token (sort of like a cookie) that gets saved to your computer which Lightroom then uses as a key to gain access to your otherwise secured account. In this case, that key is not connecting to Lightroom for some unknown reason. What happens immediately after clicking the "OK, I'll authorize it" button on the Flickr page?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 2:33 AM   in reply to Brett N

Hi Brett N.

Sorry, but can't be of assistance anymore on the topic as I have upgraded to LR5.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points