Skip navigation
nicky615
Currently Being Moderated

hyphenation

Aug 2, 2012 2:50 AM

Dear All,

In a  given document, i need to change the hyphenation pattern off words.

For example:

For a document with language English:USA , a separate word list (with different                hyphenation) is given to me.

1. If the same word exists in user dictionary, the previous hyphenation has to be offed                                 and word should have new hyphenation defined in text document.

2. If word is not in user dictionary, it has to be added with hyphenation.

I  can add a new word with hyphenation, but i am not sure how to check if a particular

word is new one or existing one.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 10:11 AM   in reply to nicky615

Export your English:USA list to text (in the User Dictionary dialog), remove the words that also occur in the separate word list you received, then combine the two lists. Finally, import that list back into InDesign.

Peter

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2012 2:52 AM   in reply to nicky615

Sorry it seemed as if I suggested you could export the whole dictionary -- small misunderstanding. It is not possible to replace the hyphenation pattern of internal words (many words are hyphenated by algorithm anyway, I would think). The list of added words is used to override the internal hyphenation rules, so just add the words you received after placing the correct hyphenation points. This in effect replaces the word in the main dictionary.

Peter

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points