Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can Audition CS6 convert speech to follow a tune, song?

Aug 1, 2012 12:43 PM

I have seen this done on Youtube and such and am wondering if this is available in Audition. I have CS6 and have been poking around but so far have not found it, or recognized it at any rate.

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,615 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Aug 1, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to newwoodworker

I'm assuming that you are talking about some type of Vocoder effect - that's the only process I'm aware of that can sort-of do this. Strangely enough, Audition used to be able to do this (go back to Audition 3), but the effect/process hasn't made it into the revised version yet. Neither have there been a significant number of complaints about this, so the developers were almost certainly correct not to have it as a priority.

Doesn't mean that it won't come back, though - far from it. It's just on the back burner for the time being.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,615 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Aug 2, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

Well having looked at that - well, it's sort-of possible using the pitch tuner. But you should note carefully (look at the news presenter bits) that they are having a lot more trouble with the speech from them, because most of it is non-pitched. The rest of it has been 'helped' somewhat when it was recorded originally - there's far more pitch in it than the news stuff.

And it's a lot of work, however you do it. To get a good result with repitching, you have to do it manually.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,615 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Aug 2, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

The easiest way to do this is to use an app like Songify. That won't get you all the way though - you'll probably also have to synthesise the bits that don't work very well with something like FruityLoops' Robotic voice. But if you want to give it your best shot, it's going to be a lot of hard work; you don't get owt for nowt.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points