Skip navigation
NathanV1977
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a resolution to the incorrect file permissions issue in DW CS6?

Aug 2, 2012 1:01 AM

Tags: #permissions #files #dreamweaver #uploading #cs6

Hi. I saw a small amount of discussion on the problem and was wondering if there's a fix (or workaround?) for the problem of Dreamweaver CS6 incorrectly setting file permissions on some files when uploading?

It's happening pretty regularly for me—about half the time I upload files, the permissions are set incorrectly to 7XX (I can't remember exactly), so I have to manually check every file and change about half to 644.

Any help would be appreaciated.

(DW 12.0 on OSX 10.8, connecting to Apache shared servers)

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to NathanV1977

Perhaps the umask on the remote server for your user is set incorrectly.

HTH

-Rb

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 10:43 AM   in reply to NathanV1977

I don't know if the permissions problem is fixed as I never experienced it.  But Adobe released a critical update a few days ago that addresses many FTP issues.

Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.1 update

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs6 12712

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 6:37 AM   in reply to NathanV1977

This issue has plagued us for a very long time.  Old versions of DW, I think 4 and earlier, there was a command window where you could enter the umask command to set things properly.  I believe umask should be set to 022.

Our admins tell us they has sftp setup correctly and this change is set at the client side.  This is certainly true for sftp.  If we were allowed to ssh in then things would be different.

We've been using FileZilla to set permissions and traverse a directory tree to set proper permissions.  What a pain, but it is a workaround for now!

DW - please bring back the command window!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 5:56 AM   in reply to NathanV1977

Rubbish I say Nathan.  No offense.  We are not seeing any attempt at Dreamweaver 12.0 Build 5861 setting permissions after uploading.  What version of DW are you using and is there a preference you had to set somewhere?  Also, are you copying your files via sftp?  Just wanted to double-check.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points