• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop vs. Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why Photoshop has been replaced with Illustrator in Tech Comm Suite 4?

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that more tech comm people use Illustrator than PS - now supposedly, if you are already running TCS3.5 or less, you can keep your PS; but I haven't put it to the test yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's totally incomprehensible. If many people wants Illustrator and no Photoshop, why it's no possible to choice AI or PS ? Sorry for my english.

I had not used to this kind of practice by Adobe. It's like an holdup. I am shocked and sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has decided to tweak the bundle that is offered within the TCS; I don't think it's possible for them to offer a user the option to have PS or AI installed within the same bundled installer.

As I said before, when this decision was made, questions about retaining the prior version of PS were raised by us beta testers. We we told that you could still keep the existing version of PS installed with earlier versions of TCS and add AI to it with TCS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read what you said, but I find regrettable that you did not ask their opinion to your customers before making such a decision. In my company, people who use FrameMaker using Photoshop all the time but Illustrator never. It is the abuse of monopoly power and I regret it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realize that this is a user-to-user forum, right? I don't work for Adobe; I just use their products - I don't get any more say in what they decides to do or not do except by complaining just like anybody else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I am sorry. Thank's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also shocked by this decision! All day long I use Photoshop for my user manuals as all the figures are bitmaps. Importing CAO drawings are only made by screen captures which are also bitmaps. Of course Illustrator is a plus but cannot replace Photoshop. I only hope that if I upgrade in TCS4 I will keep Photoshop. Someboby can confirm that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be putting it to the test next week when I upgrade a TCS3.5 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe needs to learn to listen to their customers as opposed to a LIMITED NUMBER OF BETA TESTERS.  This change is inexcuseable.  I did not realize the change until my machine required replacement.  Installed TCS4 and then had to install photoshop from TCS3.5 as I USE IT DAILY!  This is very poor planning on the part of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is true because during an update, you can install the new suite without uninstalling the other. But does that mean we do not enjoy the new Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines