• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player for Mac OSX 10.5.8

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to find the right flash player to install on my mac osx 10.5.8 using safari. I can't play video on youtube or facebook because it says im missing plug-in. This issue keeps coming up. I have in the past few months uninstalled the version i had and installed an older version of flash 10.1 but then that stopped working a few days ago, and now nothing works. I have tried uninstalling old versions,and searched every forum about this but i cant find an answer.Does anybody have an answer to this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the last version of Flash player your PPC MAC will run: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2790039?start=0&tstart=0

If Facebook has upgraded to a later version, then I'm afraid you're out of luck and will have to consider purchasing a MAC with an Intel processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac has intel its not a PPC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 24, 2011 Dec 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joannak89 wrote:

My mac has intel its not a PPC

Sorry, didn't realise at the time that later versions of OS X also ran in Intel CPUs.

So the latest version of Flash you can run on 10.5.8 is this one: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Use the same dropdown menus options you see in the screenshot. However, I fear that Facebook may not work still if they're using a later version of the player.

mac 10-4 to 10-5 Intel.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the install routine doesn't work: It quits at 15% progress.

After updating Flash on my (Intel) OS X 10.5.8. Firefox and Safari browser crashed when opening a web site containing a flash file. So I deleted the the 2 plugin files from /Library/Internet-Plugins folder and tried the install routine for Flash 10.3. (for OS X 10.4 and 10.5). Like I wrote above it quits at 15 percent progress giving no useful error message, just "Diese Installation ist fehlgeschlagen" (installation failed). The install routine for Flash 10.3.183.11 (for OS X 10.6 and 10.7) quits at 6 percent progress. Restarting the computer didn't help. Older versions won't also work (like install routine of flashplayer10_2r159_1_mac_intel which quits at 12 percent progress.)

What can I do? Surfing without Videos sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved: Using the uninstaller (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90906.html#main_10.4) and the installer (http://get.adobe.com/de/flashplayer/otherversions/) afterwards did the job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2011 Dec 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, but even after trying multiple times to install flash player I keep gettting Installation failed... and thats it. It doesnt say why. I don't know what to do... this is annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2011 Dec 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: FLASH player for Mac OSX 10.5.8

I am glad to hear other people are having this problem. NOT really.... However, when ADOBE has bugs in it's software that aren't fixed and TV (FOX) station demand

you download this "New" software before you can watch a show.  ADOBE even states that our computer systems don't even support Version 11 install instruction. It was irritating and frustrating to say the least.  I spent a couple of hours trying to fix the problem.  I saw that there were " patchs" for this software, yet I didn't know which one would apply? There were no  instructions on the patches and there were 3 of them.  I believe the patches were on the ADOBE website........ it might help?  Still irritated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing on any Adobe Forum thread seems to work.  I've been through every imaginable instruction, checked virus protection, tried every link---6 or so---suggested at adobe, re-uninstalled, rebooted, re-downloaded, re-install/tried, checked the sub-folders, NADA.  No indication of any plug-in in folder, no updates. 

I've a MacBook 10.5.8, Intel Core Duo (sigh, 6 sizes too small for my Excel model)

I suspect the problem is Firefox.  Think failure of Flashplayer started with recent upgrade to Firefox, 9.0.1.

Any more suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have a similar problem. I'm running MacOS 10.5.8 and I am able to install Flash Player 10.3, however when I go to websites that use flash they note that I am missing the flash plug-in (Safari) or just have a blank screen (firefox).

I've tried uninstalling Flash (successfully) and installing Flash (successfully), but when I go to websites that require flash they tell me I either don't have flash installed or don't have the latest version. I have Javascript enabled as suggested on other sites.

I feel like I'm going through a never ending loop! Sigh....has anyone else figured out how to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JRocks,

What sites are asking you to upgrade?  I know about fox.com (and trying to verify if this is expected behavior) and would like to know if there are other sites doing the same.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris at Adobe asks:  which other sites? 

I add today's:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/   It told me I had an old Flash but seemed to let me seem SOME movement altho' it might have been stills.

Karen Westmont

Researcher in Lower Income Housing Policy and Finance, Land Economics, Tax Policy

(607) 227 2954 mobile

Oakland, California

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player for Mac OSX 10.5.8

If your on a mac 10.5.8 PPC and you want your Flash Player to work in Safari. Uninstall flash player, restart your mac ( Very important it clears buffer), then install Flash Player 10.1.85.3, this version only, any other 10.1 version will get stuck in buffer mode. You can find it in Archives at Flash Player web site. All the best!

Sincerely;

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have had problems w/ our 10.5.8 OS MAC crashing/shutting down due to flash player issues (Processor: 2.66 GHz intel core 2 duo). i followed the directions mark gave in the 2/19/12 post but it didn't work. Uninstalled flash player, went to download flash 10.1.85.3. After download it wouldn't let me install and gave this error message "Adobe flash player cannot be installed. This system does not meet the minimum requirement for installation. Mac OS X 10.6 or higher is required". It directs you to an Adobe page that prompts me to get flash version 10.3. "Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5 (Tiger, Leopard): "Adobe Flash Player version 10.3.183.17
Intel-based Macs | 6.07 MB Browser: Safari, Firefox, Opera"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindsey;

This fix was for a mac PPC not intel. I did get this email you can

try and see if this will help.

Mark & everybody else, I found this fix on youtube, I tested the above

page Lotus Cars - Lotus Esprit

<http://www.lotuscars.com/en/new-lotus-esprit> and on facebook & it

worked. Go to Flash Player fix for Mac PPC - YouTube

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrAKhv3R_c> then click where it says

"Show more" below the video & click on the link or click here to

download http://www.steelbin.com/FPforFBPPC.zip

Vincent, that Tenfourfox maybe fast but, won't let any plugins work with

their browser.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Go and watch this on youtube. All the best.

Sincerely;

Mark

Intel-based Macs | 6.07 MB **Browser:

Safari, Firefox, Opera"*

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not

directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either

reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at

. In the Actions box

on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email

<mailto:discussions-community-flashplayer-installing_flashplayer@mail.forums.adobe.com>

or at Adobe Forums

<http://forums.adobe.com/choose-container%21input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=4636>

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications

please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OF ALL TIRED AND STUPID ADOBE SOLUTIONS WITH FP FOR PPC 10.5.8 (14. myadobe22) HAD THE EASY AND SIMPLY ONE!.
RUN TO COMENT 14. AND BE HAPPY!.

AND OF COURSE, I WILL DONATE MONEY TO myadobe22.

THANKS A LOT!.

-JOJO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thejoedesign,

Cool! Glad I could help, all the best!

Sincerely;

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife had issues with mac os x 10.5.8 flash player 10.3 something, after she spent several hours trying different things, I told her to get the older version back and she did not know which one. What we did is google adobe flash player version. We went to adobe website link for version of flash player and installed a 10.2 something which ended up working.

Remember to uninstall the latest version that is not working.

I had to sign on and share this because saw a lot of fustrated people. Computers....so fustrating sometimes, even mac!

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO le puedo instalar, la verdad no se que pasa pero no me lo acepta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are reviving a thread that is over 3 years old.  Please start a new thread and provide the following information:

• Your operating system & version
  • Your web browser(s) & version
  • Your Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please quote them exactly, or provide a screenshot: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola que tal aqui te envio las caracteristicas de mi imac g5

y no le puedo colocar flash a ver si usted sabe que version ella agarra o acepta

Saludos,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Flash Player is no longer supported on OS X 10.5 and older.  The last supported version is 10.3.183.90 and is available for download on the Archived Flash Player versions page.  10.3.183.90 has not been updated in a long time, contains security vulnerabilities, and many sites may require a version higher thatn 10.3.183.90.  If your g5 is a ppc this is the only version you can install.  If your g5 is intel, you may be able to upgrade to OS X 10.6 which will enable you to install the latest version of Flash Player.  You san search the internet for 'upgrade 10.5 to 10.6' and you will get a lot of results.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Each time i try to launch the adobe flash player for my mac, i keep finding these errors/problems even when i re-lauch it...can you help please? I have tried the uninstaller and re-installer methods.

My mac specs are also attached (image).

Thanks

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andyrocady,

What version of Flash Player are you trying to install?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to use several web sites which need flashplayer and this error appears each time: #2046. I have a Mac OSX 10.5.8. I tried to uninstall and install again the flash player version 10.3.183.90 from this page Archived Flash Player versions but it keeps not working!

What should I do to solve this problem? thank you!

Fabrizio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines