• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AAMEE creating MSI for CS6 files that do not work with Group Policy

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to create packages for CS6 using AAMEE version 3.0.166.0.  First of all, it is only allowing me to put one program in each package... when I try to do multiple software in a package, it gives me a ton of error messages while trying to build the package.  So I have made several individual packages, which do complete successfully... but the MSI file does not work.  When I try to run the MSI file I get a message stating "This installer cannot be run directly in UI mode.  Please deploy this MSI in silent mode."  And when I create a group policy to deploy the package, it does not install on any of the computers receiving the group policy.  I am guessing it has something to do with the silent mode, but I do not know how to enable this on a group policy.  Any ideas would be most welcome.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Creative Suite Enterprise Deployment forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

AAMEE created msi only supports silent mode of installation. To install the msi, use the following command line -

msiexec.exe /i [path of msi] /qn

make sure that you launch the command line with administrative previleges to install the msi.

This will silently install Adobe products on the client machine.

AAMEE, by design, is made to help IT admins in enterprise environments, to create packages that could be silently deployed to remote machines using tools like SCCM, ARD etc.

This is the reason why AAMEE does not supports UI based installation as of now.

Regards,

Saransh Katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saransh,

I have seen that response before by you on another post, and unfortunately that does not answer my question.  Installing through Group Policy in Active Directory is not a UI based installation.  My question is why does it not work to install through Group Policy?  Is anybody else having this same problem?

Oh and also, I tried installing through the method you listed and it did not install either.  The only way I have gotten this to install properly so far is by using Orca to modify the MSI, and even then it still does not work through Group Policy.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to get Adobe Pro to deploy via GPO (believe it or not Adobe, some of us do not want legacy scripts or batch files running when EVERY other MSI can be rolled out via GPO)

After its been placed in the exceptions folder point it to acropro.msi and be sure to select en_GB.mst as a transform file, this is deploying fine albeit with other issues I am experiencing.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not having success installing AAMEE created MSI’s via GPO, either.  The computer will “install managed software” for about 15 minutes during startup and installs quite a few files in the ‘Program Files\Common” folder.  However, nothing is added to the root of ‘Program Files’, and nothing is listed in the Start Menu.

There is one “Adobe Setup” EventLog ID of ‘1’, but “The description cannot be found”.  There is another EvengLog entry that states that “The assignment of application Acrobat Pro from policy “xxxxxx” succeeded.”

This is almost like Microsoft not supporting Group Policy installations of Office 2007/2010, even they are packaged in an MSI format.  It’s either an MSI, or it isn’t…   Frustrating.

I tried the MST suggestion above, but I receive a “The list of modifications cannot be applied to this package” error.

Has anyone gotten this to work with GPO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines