Skip navigation
AndrewHobler
Currently Being Moderated

Black Background when converting from .docx file

Aug 1, 2012 8:54 PM

Hi all. I am running Word 2010 on Windows 7 and each time I try to convert a docx file to a PDF I end up with a black background. Any clues? Thx for your help!

Replies
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Aug 2, 2012 8:48 AM   in reply to AndrewHobler

Is there a background image in your file?  Does this happen with all files?

-David

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 12:50 PM   in reply to David Kastendick

Such backgrounds are often settings in WORD and may be worth a check. Are you printing, using PDF Maker, or using the MS plugin?

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Aug 2, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to AndrewHobler

Hi Andrew,

Bill's referring to the PDFMaker, an add-in that installs with Adobe Acrobat into MS Office applications.

Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer?  If so, you should see 'Acrobat' as a menu option within Word.  From that ribbon, you'll see 'Convert to PDF' options. 

If for some reason PDFMaker isn't installed, if you have Acrobat, you should have the Adobe PDF printer.  Try printing to Adobe PDF and see if the issue continues.

If you don't have Acrobat installed, you might want to check the Microsoft forums as the method you're currently using to create PDF files uses their software, not Adobe's.

-David

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2012 5:38 AM   in reply to David Kastendick

If your WORD has the MS plugin installed, then you will see a SaveAs> PDF or XPS (that is the plugin). For Acrobat, you would see SaveAs> Adobe PDF (the PDF Maker). The settings for PDF Maker are under the Acrobat menu ribbon. You can also use the create PDF from that ribbon. The other option is to print to the Adobe PDF printer. If you do not have Acrobat installed and you will not see the Acrobat ribbon or the Adobe PDF printer. So give us some idea of how you are creating the PDF. I have just given you 4 ways within WORD.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points