Skip navigation
-pk-
Currently Being Moderated

cs6 starting panels and very slow application

Jul 27, 2012 9:06 AM

When I start InDesign, the 'starting panels' part of the startup process hangs for some time. After about 2-3 minutes though, the app will load. However, when I'm loaded, switching from one pallette to another (for instance, pages to layers) takes — literally — 30 seconds. During most of which I have the spinning beach ball. Has anyone else seen this?

I trashed my prefs: no love.

Uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign: no love.

computer: iMac 27" 2.93 i7 with 16GB RAM

Illustrator, Photoshop, and other Adobe apps are fine.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to -pk-

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4583253

I wonder what the two of you have in common...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 9:46 AM   in reply to -pk-

Do you have any font management software like Suitcase fusion or Font Expolrer ?

Also , can you check in the Safe mode .

I believe the issue could be some third party plugin , which may be causing that.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 2:22 PM   in reply to -pk-

I had the exact same problem with InDesign CS6. I upgraded to Mountain Lion without problems on my 2008 Mac Pro. Suddenly the panels were not opening quickly at all (beachball of death). The entire app got sluggish. I tried everything, including a clean reinstall of InDesign and a call to Adobe support. Having read this thread I suddenly realized that I too had installed Hiss on my Mac for Growl notifications. I disabled it as a startup item, rebooted and the problem instantly went away. So, Hiss was definitely the culprit! I never would have figured that out had I not read this post and follow-up replies. Thank you!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points