Skip navigation
ShaneIzzo
Currently Being Moderated

Why is Fireworks CS6 freezing at launch?

Aug 2, 2012 11:36 AM

Tags: #application #fireworks #locks_up #not_opening #freeze_on_launch

I have Adobe Master Suite CS6 for Windows 7 on a 64x Dell PC. In Fireworks, I made a selection at a check box directing the software to find textures on my server (I dont remember the window name).  Since then, I have not been able to open up Fireworks.  When I go to select the icon to open my fireworks software, it gets locked on the splash screen at the "Initializing Textures" stage.  It stays on for about 10 minutes then disappears never opening the software.

HELP!!!! I have already tried uninstalling & reinstalling (Fireworks Only) yet to no avail, I still dont have the use of Fireworks anymore. Any clues how I can resolve the problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 5:08 PM   in reply to ShaneIzzo

I suspect that Fireworks is being overwhelmed by the number of textures on your server, or doesn't like the location of the textures folder. In older versions of Fireworks you could reset all the preferences back to their defaults by deleting the Fireworks preferences text file, which rebuilt itself as soon as the program reloaded. I'm not sure if that is still available in CS6. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 10:13 PM   in reply to Linda Nicholls

Preference can be deleted and reloaded even in CS6.Please delete the file from the location C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Fireworks CS6\English\Fireworks CS6 Preferences.txt.

After relaunching the application preferences will be reloaded.Textures folder that you are using might have large number of textures.Try to keep a smaller set of textures and see if the application launches fine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points