Skip navigation
hottinger5
Currently Being Moderated

Single edition and p12 certificate

Aug 2, 2012 5:26 PM

Two questions:

1 - Using Single edition will I only need the serial number (Adobe single edition number) to publish on the app store? I've been finding conflicting information saying, yes, it's possible on the Adobe site, and then another source saying I would need either Professional or Enterprise to make the viewer "public" rather than "private." It seems with single edition I only have the "private" option available.

2 - I am building the app for a university. In order to sign the distribution app, I've downloaded the distribution mobileprovision file from the university's ios developer site. I can't create a p12 certificate using the university's distribution certificate on my computer.

I found this webpage describing how to transfer what I think I need: exporting your signing and provisioning assets from the one Mac and importing them to the other.

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/Xcode/Conceptual /ios_development_workflow/10-Configuring_Development_and_Distribution_ Assets/identities_and_devices.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007959-CH4- SW8

After my university contact sent me their p12 certificate, I'm having the following error message, "Not finding expected label 'iPhone Distribution:' in this certificate."

Can you tell me how to solve both issues?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 6:05 PM   in reply to hottinger5

You need their p12s and the passwords for them. You can't create your own.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 7:44 PM   in reply to hottinger5

1. In Single edition Workflow, you do not have an option to publish as Public, thus publish as Private then you would need to export the Folio and import it in Viewer Builder while building the App. Use the serial number to activate your build for download.

Read the following link for more on the workflow:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS67cb9e293e2f1f6032 817afa1337a03d59b-7fff.html

2. Read the iPad publishing guide for creating required certificates (Attached). It's best if you complete the whole certificate process on a Single Mac using keychain Access to avoid complications. While creating certificates, remember to de-select enable for iCloud. I would recommend going though the guide in detail and follow step by step process as mentioned in the guide.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points