Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Info" window doesn't display stats while adjusting length of clip

Aug 2, 2012 7:41 PM

Prior to CS6, I could click on a clip, see how long it was in the Info panel, and then adjust its length by clicking and dragging the edge of the clip. I could monitor its total length in real time by watching the Info window. But in CS6, when I click on the edge of a clip to shorten/lengthen it, the info disappears.

Now I have to click on the clip, look at the Info to calculate how many frames I want to adjust, and then drag the clip so many frames accordingly.

Or right-click the clip, click Speed/Duration, change the amount, click OK.

Has anyone else noticed this quirk with the Info panel?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 9:16 PM   in reply to Prizm4

But in CS6, when I click on the edge of a clip to shorten/lengthen it, the info disappears.

I am not sure that has been any different in previous versions. (will check)

If you are editing "numerically"...why not use the add /minus method.  ie. Set the Edit Type Mode   and type in the number of frames to add / minus

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 9:36 PM   in reply to Prizm4

This may be yet another undesirable consequence of Edit Point Selection.  The Info panel shows you info for what's selected.  But now in CS6, when you trim a clip, you are no longer selecting that clip, but instead are selecting the end of that clip, which PP considers a different thing, and so the info goes away.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 2:50 AM   in reply to shooternz

This is a real problem, it behaves differently in CS5.5. In CS6, when you resize a clip in the timeline the duration info disapears in the info panel!

I used it a lot! and now it's not working anymore!

Adobe has to fix that ASAP!

Whats that anoying "Edit Point Selection" with that big red markers anyway?

EDIT: Found it! you have the duration of the currently selected clip that you resize in the program window on the right side timecode display - anoying anyway....

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim,

I had not encountered this anomaly, but am starting to hate the "unintended consequences." Bogus.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points