Skip navigation
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2012 5:59 AM   in reply to MichaelBr

I use McAfee Security Center and  and have the same problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to kd5150

Do you have a virus scan on them? Try disabling it and then running the install. That's what I've been doing recently and haven't had any issues. I know not a fix to it but at least it resolves the annoyance. Hope it helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to kd5150

Have been looking too if there is any change... On the previous page there is a note saying to follow further here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4547234#4547234

But does not look much better as far as I can see...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to kd5150

Fair enough, and I completely agree. Just figured I'd toss out there a way around it for now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 1:47 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I tried the test build but my client still had the same error.

The only option was to select "Never check for Updates" under Flash Player settings in Control Panel. This removed the FlashUpdateService scheduled task in Windows. Not the best solution but for now it will stop my client from getting the error messages until the problem is fixed because it was popping the crash message all the time.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 6:18 PM   in reply to superfishnz

superfishnz,

which test build did you try?  Our latest build has fixed everyone that has responded back.  This should be fixed in the next release.  In the meantime, changing the update type to "notify" or "never check" (not recommended) should work around this.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Aug 2, 2012 5:36 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

We released Flash Player 11.3.300.270 today to specifically address the crash in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe.  Please see this announcement post for additional details and links to the installers:

8/2/2012 - Flash Player 11.3 Update

We'd like to thank everyone that helped us troubleshoot and debug this issue.  I'm sorry you had to go through this but glad it's now resolved.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 4:53 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thanks to you and the team too for the work, Chris. Installed it and works like a charm now :-)

Sorry I could be of no help due to 'no time'....

Grts

Nil

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Aug 3, 2012 7:31 PM   in reply to kd5150

As stated in my announcement post (linked above) this should come through the update mechanism.  If you'd like to force the install, I've provided links to the installers.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 4:22 AM   in reply to kd5150

I had gone back to an older working version when the problem started to be able to keep on working. I had used the Clean Uninstall instructions (Uninstaller for Windows) to remove everything first before installing that older version. When Chris said that the prbl was resolved, I went to the link he provided and downloaded 11.3.300.270 that would be addressing the crash problem. Everything was fine. I have had another update after that and everything is still working fine...

Maybe you should try it that way?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Aug 21, 2012 1:47 PM   in reply to kd5150

kd5 - We resolved the known crash in the FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe module.  However, it sounds like you are running into a different problem.

Reread a number of the posts in the thread,  but I'm unclear exactly when Flash Player is crashing.  What do you have your update settings set to in your Flash Player control panel (see the advanced tab)?

It's very possible that you have something conflicting with our installer on your system, especially since this appears to affect multiple computers that you own.  Are there common utilities, security/anti virus applications installed?  This isn't a wide spread issue (I can't think of anyone else running into this right now), so I suspect we're dealing with something specific to your systems.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points