Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Captivate 6 crashing when not in admin mode

Aug 3, 2012 1:31 AM

Hello,

I just upgraded to Captivate 6. When I try to use certain features (notably insert smart form and insert text caption), Captivate crashes, frequently (but not always) putting out a fatal error message. This doesn't happen when Captive is run in admin mode. However, due to company restrictions, I am not able to run Captivate in admin mode on a regular basis. Is there any way to set up Captivate 6 to be usable for regular users?

Best regards

Jan

Replies
  • Anjaneai Srivastava
    1,028 posts
    Oct 17, 2011
    Aug 3, 2012 4:19 AM   in reply to j-wa

Hi Jan,

It is advisable to use Captivate in Administrator mode, else certain features require that like Simulation!

Can you check is the crash happening with just one project of yours or all of them?

Can you also try to ask your IT to give a dummy standard user credential, and Lon in to that, Launch and check if it crashes on that as well? Could be the account set-up be a problem!

Can you share the screenshot and error details that you get?

Thanks!

Anjaneai

|
    Mark as:
  • Anjaneai Srivastava
    1,028 posts
    Oct 17, 2011
    Aug 6, 2012 7:54 AM   in reply to j-wa

Hello Jan,

I see, Could you ask your IT to set this application on Admin mode always for your User Accoutn, which means they need not provide you the admin rights completely but just to this application,

you can set it by going to

--installed location of Adobe Captivate.exe-- Right Click-- Properties, Under Compatibility mode, set it to open in admin mode always,

-- Under Security Tab, get your user name added and make sure it recieves Full Control over this application.

Your IT should be able to allow you complete rights for this application.

Thanks!

Anjaneai

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 10, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to Anjaneai Srivastava

Is there a reason the below questions were never answered. I'm trying to figure out why after  the Adobe Captivate 6 install we do not even have the option to launch in admin mode?!? Any thoughts?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 5:51 PM   in reply to kster915

It's beginning to look like the admin permissions are important because without the e learning suite, Captivate and Audition are really not too compatable.  Im working at a VA facility that has MC6 and Captivate6 as a standalone program. Captivate cant get to Audition directly by button. Through the library imports and exports are crashing a very well buil workstation.. I know.. I built it.

The point is without the compatiblility features that Adobe is famous for, I've been forced to use Cakewalk audio editing  not to waste time rebooting and playing administrator. Not sure what Im doing wrong.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points