I"m sure this is something simple, but I just can't seem to figure what's going on. I have a Captivate 6 project (http://cs.franklin.edu/~heinem01) that has several slides linking out to HTML5/jQuery pages for some interactivity. I have advanced actions set up on the slide before for text box advancement, then the last step I have it coded to open the URL in a new window, and also advance to the next slide (so when the user clicks on the close link on the html5/jquery page, it will take them back to the captivate screen and they can continue on). The new page is coming up fine, but the captivate project is droping to a 404 instead of just going to the next slide . What am I missing? I'm not sure if I'm missing a step in my advanced action or if I've got something stuck in the captivate file to cause this. Any insights would be appreciated!
Take a closer look at your URL in your advanced action. It looks like you may be linking to a URL that doesn't exist.
There have been issues with Cp 5.0 and 5.5 with the target not properly sticking when chosen. This bug may have carried over in to Cp 6.0. I would select a different target.... then set it back to new.
You may just want to delete the "Open URL or file" step and re-create it. Don't hit the "..." elipsis button, just type in the URL by hand and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks for the heads up! I did have one that had a bad link but removed it. Even after a force republish of all slides, the information for the old link appears to be sticking. I'll go try recreating/ hand typing in my links instead of copy/pasting and see if that works!
**Edit ** not sure which thing did it, but I deleted/readded the links in the advanced actions, typed the links by hand, as well as cleared my browser cache, and completely replaced my project on the webserver instead of just overwritting it (deleted files/folders on server and grabbed the most recently published and SFTP'd it out)
Europe, Middle East and Africa