Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Apache/MySQL/PHP and Mountain Lion

Aug 1, 2012 6:56 AM

Tags: #mysql #mountain_lion

I was about to buy Mountain Lion, but I just read by a reviewer that there is an issue with the webserver or websharing capabilities of it. The reviewer was saying he/she had to go into the terminal and launch it from there!

Is anybody else having issues with developing database driven sites on Mountain Lion, or are you getting on OK with it?

I currently use xammp as my apache/mysql/php server. Is anybody on Mountain Lion using xammp, if not, what equivalent are you using?

Thanks.

Mat

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2012 10:49 AM   in reply to matthew stuart

I don't use XAMPP never liked it.  Personally using AMPPS at the moment since leaving MAMP because development was lacking for awhile ( http://ampps.com/ ).  But the websharing is a built-in feature of OSX in the System Preferences.  If you are using a 3rd party app it should not be affected.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2012 6:10 AM   in reply to matthew stuart

Starting Apache is very easy. Simply type the following into a terminal:

sudo apachectl start

I think that they removed the tick box because it's so easy to do from terminal, and not something that most OSX users need.

As SnakEyez02 mentioned, using a package like MAMP or XAMPP doesn't require this. Those apps run their own Apache

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points