Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Crashing on Ctrl +

Aug 2, 2012 7:43 PM

Tags: #zoom #zooming #flash_cs5_crashing #ctrl_plus #ctrl+

Good afternoon,

Recently I've been having a completely bizarre issue with Flash Pro CS5 which is bothering me to no end.

Whenever I hit Ctrl + Plus (the keyboard shortcut to zoom). Flash will completely disappear from my taskbar, as if it is crashed. However, looking at the task manager, although nothing can be seen in 'Applications', under 'Processes Flash is still visible.

To restart Flash, I have to manually kill this process then reopen it.

This does not happen when you use the manual zoom controls in the toolbar, nor does it happen when I zoom out via the shortcut (Ctrl + Minus)

Even if I reassign the zoom function to another button combo, (like Ctrl + ] ) It will still crash on me, making me think it's not a conflict with another program. I have temporarily just completely disabled the zoom shortcut altogether.

Anyone else experienced this error and have any clue what I can do? It's driving me batty, because zooming is a pretty constant part of my workflow.

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2012 6:21 AM   in reply to Isometric Bacon

Running Win7 Pro 64 SP1 and I just loaded up old CS5 and all I can say is it works as intended. Do any other Adobe apps have similar behavior like Photoshop with the same key combo? Have you tried wiping out preferences for CS5 (not ideal, but better than reinstalling), or have you tried reinstalling?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to sinious

Hi ,

We tried to repro this issue at out end but wasn't able to . Can you try after clearing the Flash CS5 preferences and restarting Flash again ?

Further , in case you get any crash dump or logs generated , you can send that to us for better investigation.

Let me know if this solves the problem for you.

Thanks and regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Adobe Flash Professional Team.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2014 4:01 AM   in reply to Isometric Bacon

I know this post is quite old, but hopefully anyone else who comes across the problems the following solution might help.

I found Flash CS5 was clashing with nView Desktop View manager. Once I disabled this (by right clicking on your Windows desktop background and choosing disable) it no longer crashed on certain shortcuts.

The problem only occured for me when I used Ctrl + ; (semi-colon) for showing/hiding guides and also on Ctrl + B which would bring up an NV message box - the only way I found out what was causing the issue.

Hope that helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points