Can you try with a new Project, does that cause same error?
Also, Can you copy all the slides from this project and paste them onto a new blank project and then publish that?
Is the project on network drive? If yes, Can you try to keep it to local machine and then try!
Could elaborate more about the exact steps that you have tried. So that, We can suggest you what are the possibilities.
Also can you try to Close Captivate and Rename the Folder Located at --
Mac: /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Captivate 6 folder to Captivate 6 Old.
then Launch Captivate again and try one more time!
Can you share some more information about the environment and project?
When was the last time it worked?
Also, Is the project or any content used on it is on Network Drive? Is, so bring it to you local machine.
Can you try publishing to a different location?
Also, try publishing to any other output for the "same" project see if there is any conflict on hose as well?
I too am having the same issue. This was a clean install on a MacBook air running OSX 10.8.1. The output will produce the Flash App version but not the MP4. The file contains 0 bytes when viewed. It would appear that the encoder starts the process, get a few seconds into it (depending on the size of your file) then crashes.
I got the same message too. The video was created. But can't be opened afterwards. Captivate 6 for Mac.
The message appears when i just try to start the video publisher from the application directory, too.
Something went wrong during installation process?
I'm using iMac 10.7.5, captivate 6, files all on hard drive.
I am getting similar issues. Project works fine when publishing to HTML5 - it creates 3 sub mp4s in a folder. However, when I try publishing to MP4 in the options it creates a video of the correct length but screen freezes a few seconds in.
I didn't get any error message but following pal v's advice and reducing the size, I get the yellow triangle as everyone else does.
Is it any use that I've used a custom size for this video? Also, I've recorded screen as video.
I learned, that the problem lies in the user management of the Mac.
I set up a new user with administrative rights on my machine and the problem was gone completely. Now the video publisher works just fine.
Thanks for advice but it didn't work.
No one at Adobe seems interested in solving this and other Captivate on Mac problems so I've started using ScreenFlow, much better IMHO.
Thanks for nothing Adobe.
Here's my trick that worked BUT IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, Adobe:
I moved the corrupted ViroPublisher from the Cp6 folder to the Trash.
COPIED a VideoPublisher v5.5 from my Cp5.5 folder into the Cp6 folder... voilà...
Let's work on this issue and recommend a clear path to troubleshooting this... If I didn't have a Cp5.5 copy around I'd be in trouble now with a deadline approaching!
I know this is quite an old thread but I just wanted to say thanks to enzo.f.silva for the workaround. I was having a nightmare with video publisher not working, freezing, crashing, etc. and this workaround has meant I can actually finish the project.
Its not ideal though - I'm using Cp version 7 and the issue obviously still hasn't been sorted.