Skip navigation
Volvenom
Currently Being Moderated

Can't make mask stay in channel CS5

Aug 3, 2012 7:38 AM

Tags: #mask #cs5 #channels #bricks

I have been watching numerous tutorials but none of them seems to go on my subject. I follow a tutorial about making a pattern and she tells me to paste. I need to have the right channel marked. I do have the black dot in the right channel, and the channel is marked. I have a mask selected. I click paste, nothing happens. I have tried many different solutions, I'm pretty sure it's just some silly mistake I'm doing.

It's a brick and I'm planning to have 3 channels for it. Light, dark and something in between recolorable. I even saved a selection and then loaded it onto the correct channel. I tried to delete the extra mask channels hoping it was still saved. Then all knowledge of any maskes seems to be gone. As you can see on this picture I have all the channels there with masks, but it's still not being saved. I load this into another program and channels is nothing but 3 different colors all over. There is no selection. When I'm trying to save this as dds It says I have 3 alpha channels, they are suppose to be red, green and blue! What am I doing wrong?

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/79594931@N03/7704469038/][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8421/7704469038_99eed5f24f_c.jpg[/img][/url]

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to Volvenom

As far as I know a Pattern can be grayscale, Lab, RGB or CMYK, but not multichannel.

I may not quite understand what you are ralking about – but what do you want to achieve with those additiopnal channels anyway?

In any case you seem to have one channel visible but another one selected – could that be part of your issue?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points