Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting lecture?

Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am relatively new to Captivate.

I am a college instructor and have successfully used Captivate to create online lectures.  These lectures are narrated and the video created in Captivate serves to highlight important terms, show images, etc.  This semester, I am teaching my online class in a face-to-face environment as well and want to know if it's possible to somehow create a classroom-ready presentation from the Captivate files I've already made.  Basically, I need the "flow" of the presentation to respond to key strokes instead of being automated (timed) like in an online lecture since face-to-face instruction moves at an unpredictable pace.  Traditionally, I would use PowerPoint to create this type of lecture content, but I would hate to have to recreate all of my my lovely Captivate work in clunky old Power point.  😕

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a click blox to pause each slide.  In the the Shortcut field of the click box properties, select a keyboard key to press so that the click box releases the playhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I'm mostly using Captivate even in classroom for presentations. Rod is correct, just wanted to add if you need several clicks (or shortcut keys) on one slide, do not put the click boxes in the same location unless they are stacked on the timeline. Have a look at the screenshot:

PresCB.png

Some items appear automatically, but four items only appear when a click box is used. I have 4 click boxes in the same location on the slide, but they are staggered on the timeline, pausing corresponding with the start of the timeline for that object. The first click box will show BigFive, then the TC_B.. will appear automatically, the second click box will show Diamonds, and bit later its text caption appears...etc

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources