Skip navigation
sddreamcrystal
Currently Being Moderated

Missing Pan and Zoom in PE8? Cropping?

Aug 3, 2012 3:48 PM

Tags: #adobe #premiere #elements #8 #cropping #zoom #pan

Hey guys

I've been playing around with Adobe Premiere Elements 8 pretty much to learn some things here and there. The reason why I got the product was because I was told you can pan and zoom in the program but I cannot seem to find where I can click to do pan and zoom in PE8. I was told it was with the other tools like where the time stretch tool is and such, but I don't see it there. I wanted that tool spesifically for video tutorials.

Also, I noticed in PE8 you can turn a video into an animated gif. How do you crop the frames of a video to make it smaller for those file formates? Like if I wanted to take a video of puppies playing and turn it into a gif image that was 200px by 300px? Would i have to take a still shot of ever frame to do that? Also, how would you crop out the black bars on a video to make it take up the whole video screen?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to sddreamcrystal

For the Pan & Zoom, you can do that easily in PrE.

They are done by adjusting Keyframes on the Fixed Effects>Motion>Position (Pan) and Motion>Scale (Zoom).

With a Still Image Selected in the Timeline, just go to the Effects Tab, and choose Edit Effects. Twirl open Motion, where you will see the Scale and Position settings. Just Keyframe the Still, over time, to Pan, and/or Zoom.

I have done an animated GIF, but feel certain that others have, and can tell you how to crop the Frame.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 8:16 PM   in reply to sddreamcrystal

Now, if a SlideShow is created in the Photoshop Elements Organizer, there is a Random Pan & Zoom, but how effective it is, will depend on the composition of your Still Images. I do not believe that Random Pan & Zoom is available elsewhere, but if I am incorrect, then someone will correct me.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

If you're talking about cropping a video so that the actual video output changes shape -- as you would a photo in Photoshop -- that's not possible. Video doesn't work that way.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 3:15 PM   in reply to sddreamcrystal

With some Export/Share formats, there IS Cropping available, but not all. Most just go with the Frame Size of the Timeline, which will be a common Video Frame Size.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points