• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colours Don't remain synchronised in CS6

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having installed CS6 I am experiencing the above issue. Colour settings are synchronised in bridge and that appears to work across the other apps but only for a short period of time. They soon become unsynchronised and by that I mean within minutes or hours. Is anybody else experiencing this behaviour? And is there a solution? This appears to be the case on an install under lion and a clean install of mountain lion on a laptop. Any help resolving this would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a particular preset for your color settings?  Which Adobe applications are you using?  When setting are the color settings changing too?  Have you tried a new local admin account to see if you continue to experience the same difficulties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the repky, I'm using Europe prepress 3 and all the apps in design & web premium CS6 but have really only noticed the behaviour in the ones I use most i.e Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat. As soon as you check and notice that the colour settings are unsynched in one of the apps it also show it as unsynched in Bridge. Resynching in bridge usually works for a short while until they become unsynched again. I only have a local admin account on the imac running Lion and the laptop which is running mountain lion was a complete clean install of the entire system.... again one local admin account. I know it was displaying similar behaviour on the laptop initially but I have not tested it over a longer period. I will do that and report back. Its very frustrating as you never quite know what your colour setting are without constantly checking them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter yes please test it with the newly created admin account and see if you continue to experience the same difficulties.  I will look forward to your update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I have now tested it over a longer period on the laptop which had a completely clean install of Mountain Lion and CS6 with a single admin account. It has exactly the same issues i.e. when you sync the colour setting in bridge they do not stick. Even seconds after them showing as in sync you check them again to find out they have become unsynchronised. Its a real problem as you can imagine as it ruins the colour integration between the packages. Any help in resolving this issue would be much appreciated. For the record the laptop as I say is running a clean install of mountain lion and the desktop is running lion. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you adjust the color settings to the Europe Prepress 3 default within the various applications do the settings remain the same?  Which Adobe CS6 products in specific are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll test and report back. Strangely it often seems to say Unsynchronised althought the actual colour setting within the app is still the correct one. Not always but often, so when you re-synchronise within bridge effectively all that changes is it now reports from within the app as being synchronised again. I am testing on InDesign, Photoshop extended, Illustrator and acrobat as those are the ones I need it to work correctly on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a similar minor issue to this occur around the CS3 time frame.  Bridge would report the color settings as unsyncronized but all the Applications would have the same correct color setting.  I am curious to see if that is the same thing which is occuring here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After more testing I am seeing the following in Acrobat Pro x, Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. When a colour setting is selected in Bridge it says CS6 aps are synchronised. When you then go into the various apps they often are but equally they may not be. By that I mean they say they are not synchronised but they DO display the correct colour setting. So if I selected Europe General Purpose 3 or Europe Prepress 3, that is what shows up as slected in the other apps but they apps themselves often say they are not synchronised... some do some don't and its not always the same apps each time. You can get them all to show as synchronised by repeatedly trying to sync them in Bridge but it lasts literally seconds.... you go back into the colour seetings of the various apps and some will still say sync'd whilst others will show as unsynchronised but it still appears to show the correct colour setting. Very odd.... any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter I have tried to duplicate this locally but I am not observing the same behavior you have described.  Here is the workflow I went through:

Launched Adobe Bridge C6

Went to Creative Suite Color Settings

Put a checkmark next to Show Expanded List of Color Settings Files and choose Europe Prepress 3

I then quit Bridge, and opened Photoshop, Ilustrator, InDesign one at a time.

Each of them still show as synchronized.  Is it possible you had one of the Adobe applications open while you are trying to adjust the color settings?

The other settings I have changed is my language is English (North America) and I only have Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat 10 installed.  I don't believe the language setting will make much of a difference with the exception of needing to Show the Expanded List when selecting my Color settings.

You may also want to try purging the cache in Bridge.  You can find the steps on how to accomplish this at Manage the cache | Adobe Bridge CS4, CS5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/cache-bridge-cs4-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just run though the exact same steps... Launched Bridge CS6 cleared cache and selected appropriate colour setting.

Quit bridge

Launched Indesign and checked colour setting which displays correct setting and status as synchronised.

Same as above for Photoshop

Same as above for Arcrobat Pro X

I had been using the above product for an hour or so when I rechecked each of them to see if they were still synchronized.

Each of those applications still correctly displayed my selected colour setting (Europe prepress 3) but also each and every one also says colour setting status is unsychronized!

If the actual colour setting are remaining the same and its just the status of synchronized thats getting confused thats less of an issue but it does make me a little concerned that it doesn't seem to want to stay synchronzed.

If I run bridge again it show the colour settings as unsynchronized and I begin the whole process again. I have in the past (CS5) noticed issues with Acrobat being the odd one out regarding colour sync, I'll test again without launching Acrobat to see if it has any effect. Any thoughts on how this might be resolved? Thanks for your help on this Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter next time it is unsynced can you please post which applications settings are off and where that setting diverges from the Europe Prepress 3 default.  This might give us some more clues as to what might be affecting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, Its been a while and I'm still having the issues above.... after much testing I can't really see any pattern as to which apps show as unsynced. For example just now Indesign and illustrator show as unsyced.... but photoshop also does regulary as well as Acrobat. Interestingly they are still showing the correct colour setting of Europe Prepress 3.... just that it saus they are unsynced. When I then go back into Bridge it also shows unsynced and the while process begins again. I really need to nail this down as its making me very nervous about the workflow and colour consistanct in cs6. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter it would be best if you work directly with our support team so they can investigate the issue with you directly.  You can contact our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines