Skip navigation
Hamilcar3
Currently Being Moderated

Time stretch or increase video still

Aug 3, 2012 6:19 PM

Tags: #7 #premiere_elements

I'm creating a video slide show from my niece's wedding photos and I wanted to increase the duration of 40 - 50 slides so that they end at the same time as the music. Suggestions?

I can time stretch one image or cut short the music but that is not the desired effect I would like.

I'm using PE 7 any suggestions would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2012 7:29 PM   in reply to Hamilcar3

To adjust the Duration of Stil Images, one has two options:

1. They can go to Edit>Preferences>Still Image Duration, and make the adjustment there. However, this is ONLY for Stills that are Imported, after the change. It does not affect any Still Images that are already Imported. Now, one can Delete certain Imported Images, and Import them again, after this change.
    2. Or, one can Click+drag on the Tail of a Still, to increase its Duration, from that, with which it was Imported. When I do this, I like to have the Info Panel open, to see exactly how I am changing that Duration.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 8:00 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Or, easier still, use Share/Computer/AVI to output your slideshow as an AVI.

Open a new project (set up for DV) and import that AVI into it. Put your music on the track below it.

Right-click on the video, select Time Stretch and set it for the time you'd like it to run. The program will automatically change the the slides' pacing to fit that duration.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points