Skip navigation

Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 8/2/12

Aug 2, 2012 2:13 PM

Tags: #revert #problem #flash #audio #crash #bug #firefox #player #solution #workaround #realplayer #rollback #11.3
  Latest reply: SensibleCraig, Nov 17, 2012 3:00 AM
Branched to a new discussion.
Replies 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2012 4:46 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

That 10.3.183.20 version is the last one that has worked for me.

I think you need to hire some more experienced programmers who

know how to write good hi performance code. It looks like you have

stuffed so many features into these newer versions, that these new versions

no longer function well on anything but the newest and fastest hardware.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 7:59 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Yes, I was able to get the file changed (had to save elsewhere and then copy/paste into the correct folder, per the instructions), and it now works again!  I tried both Solitaire Blitz and Bejeweled Blitz, and both work great now.  So evidently the problem is in your "protected mode."  Further info on Bejeweled Blitz:  when the problem first appeared there, I could usually get through one game, or almost to the end of one game, before it got bad.  It was as if the memory filled up as the game progressed and the jewels "exploded."  I think that was when Solitaire Blitz was still playable but had a noticable lag.  The next update made things much worse, and the last update wasn't any better.  By disabling your "protected mode," both games work fine again. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 1:42 AM   in reply to ajp1228

Will there be an update in the near future where you don't need to disable protected mode? I was going to try that before I uninstalled and reinstalled 10.3 but I didn't know how to do it. I'm not that good on a computer to even attempt it. I'm going to just keep my current flash until everything works again.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Jul 28, 2012 4:10 AM   in reply to kewpiedoll04

Hi!

I'm having the same terrible sound distortion effects, and other problems in my Google Chrome browser especially on Youtube. (started about a month ago) I have tried many flash player versions, but it seems none of them helped. I downloaded 11,3,300,265 | 11,3,300,268 | 11,4,400,231 Beta | and also tried with previous plugins. The only one I can use now, that doesn't make bang noises is 11.2.31.144, but there the sound is delayed, and it takes much more time the videos to load in, the screen is often colored, or fake colored. I don't really know now, what to do, and as I can see others have the same issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 6:06 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have Adobe Creative Suite 5, which includes Flash Professional. I have never had any occasion to open Flash Professional and use it.

In the past week or two, when surfing the net, I am visiting websites that keep telling me I need to install 11.03 in order to view the website, or interact with it, or whatever.

I have tried at least half a dozen times to install this Flash update by clicking on download - either on the website in question, or by finding it online and downloading it. Every time I install it, my computer malfunctions. When I go back to the websites I wanted to view, I still get messages but they say "do you want to allow this programme to access your computer?". Even if I click "yes", it does not give me access, and the message keeps coming up.

So I had to uninstall it every time.

Today, I opened Flash Professional to see if that needed an update, which it did. I downloaded and installed the update with no problem. However, it seems to have no bearing on the fact that I cannot access some websites without installing 11.03, which, in turn, causes all these unwanted messages and still results in denial of access.

What can I do, please?

Jean  

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 7:54 PM   in reply to Jean James

Please don't post the same question multiple times!

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Jul 28, 2012 9:53 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

i had sound problems for a week , but yesterday 28/7/12 there was no  sound  problem  , UMPlayer,s  video quality too improved and sound was excellent  . Google  crashed again and again when there is no sound issue, i also got some message that shock wave flash player has some problem

but today 29/7/12   there is sound problem again as it was before , but google is not crashing and also no message about flash player problem

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 5:58 AM   in reply to kannapiran

I cant update at all, error getting reliable source at 47%.  not only are the update patch are getting worst.  getting the latest update is a big headache.  It is as good as not patching

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 5:57 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Youtube and all other types of websites that use flash work fine for me. However the biggest issue I have is that the audio for my personal .SWF files has stopped working. I currently only use Macromedia Flash Pro 8 and the audio has stopped woking in that program as well. At this point, I am unable to accurately add audio to my animation projects.

Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 2)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 12:39 AM   in reply to moximoore

This is how I solved the problems:

First I created a new profile in firefox. (I have installed the same addons and plug-ins as before.)

And then I disabled protected mode since my cpu-usage was unusually high. But I have to say that flash players (e.g. for watching a stream) still consume a lot of cpu-time. Before the problems started with flash I could watch multiple live-streams at a time. Now, even with the fixes, my firefox slows down immensly when I switch a second flash player.

I hope it helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 12:27 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Sound distortion https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3212648

Running 11.3.300.268 in Firefox and IE on Windows 7, had this problems since .265

dxdiag: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=file.view&id=3212648&seqNum= 2&name=DxDiag%2Etxt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 9:11 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Count me amongst the users having problems with the newest release. I installed it today and I've had three crashes already. I get the little logo telling me that "it's crashed", send a report and reload the page. I reload the page and it'll crash again. After the 3rd try, it'll work. I'm going back to 11.2 until 12 comes out for a few months.

Do you want the crash dump\crash txt files?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 10:25 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I don't think it was any more complicated to Disable Protected Mode than it would be to do a clean install of an older version, since to uninstall the current version we have to manually delete several files.  The instructions are at the very bottom of the page in Chris Campbell's link; you can skip all the stuff about Real Player and Disabling Add-Ons and Safe Mode.  Go all the way down to "Last Resort."  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071?tstart=0  Basically all you have to do is copy/paste one line of text into that file (use "Notepad" to open the file).  Windows 7 wouldn't let me save the changes directly to that file, so I had to "save as" in a different place and then copy/paste the new file into the correct folder (replacing the old file).  I also saved a copy of the original file as a text file (.txt on the end) so I would have a backup just in case my changes messed something up.  I'm very happy now; my little Facebook games have worked great in Firefox ever since, as well as the few videos I have watched.

Chris, maybe you-all can come up with an update that lets us automatically disable protected mode by clicking a few buttons?

|
    Mark as:
  • Tuonela
    9 posts
    Jun 16, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 4:54 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I am still encountering the FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe crash. I have been updating information on my specific issue in this post, perhaps my information will be of some use.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 11:53 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Every fix here seems to disable something else. My Macromedia Flash 8 without audio will have to do for now. When I try to install older versions of Flash Player, I loose audio on all flash.

I'll just wait for a complete update.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 1:24 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

The last 2 Flash Player 11.3 Updates to the latest .268 version on 26/7/12 have rendered any playback of videos on any website having extreme sound distortion & incessant buffering. On several websites eg LoveFilm, I cannot get any playback - minus sound & vision.

I have Windows XP Media Version 5.1 Service Pack 3 with IE 8.

Please could you address this problem?  I thought the latest .268 update would solve this but if anything it has made matters worse. 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 5:51 AM   in reply to Vivi S

I can confirm. I need to rollback now 5000 users due of this broken latest releases from Adobe. This is just crazy. This bug is fully valid ID3212648. This is really crazy that you recommend to go back to 11.2. This means open door for all hackers on your system. Then we don't need to talk about Protected Mode feature at all here. From customer side this situation is not only frustrating. You suggest at the end to open your system due of this buggy releases every time.

The only way is again to rollback with pain to version 10.x as this is secure and works.

Btw, I have raised own bug ID as well as latest release is broken the same way: ID3300735

Lukas

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to MrX1980

Enterprise download page still have only *.268 :-) for MSI usage.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 2:15 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Should flash work again in protected mode after the latest update?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 2:25 PM   in reply to Mr. 53lfd357ruc7

Will the update re-enable protective mode if we have disabled it?  Will we need to modify that file again, or will protective mode remain disabled throughout all updates until we manually delete the extra line from the file?

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 2:50 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I'll have to wait from Chrome to update again.  They just updated yesterday with the 11.3.31.222 version.  *sigh*

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 7:03 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

How's version 268 working? Well... when my wife mentioned how sluggish and hesitant the Facefook game Bejeweled Blitz was acting so it became unplayable, I upgraded to Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and this seemed to solve everything using Firefox 14. Unfortunately after playing the game a couple of times, it again became sluggish like before unless I constantly cleared the cache, As a result, I uninstalled Flash Player and re-installed version 10.3.183.20 so everything worked smoothly once again with no need to constantly empty the cache. After the past few weeks, I just keep the Flash Player uninstaller and the installer for version 10.3.183.20 in my download folder for quick access as I seem to have to use it fairly frequently. Good luck getting an updated version that solves everything for everyone!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 8:52 PM   in reply to William220

William220, do you not have to manually remove some files to completely uninstall the 11.3 versions before you reinstall the 10.3 one?  I thought that's what the instructions said, and it seems like a big hassle.  I've been very happy since I modified the file - by adding a single line - and disabled protected mode.  Per Chris' comment above, it should stay this way after the updates and I should not have to keep re-doing it.  Bejeweled Blitz works great for me now!  Or, I guess you could just change your update settings and not allow them to install automatically. 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 12:37 AM   in reply to ajp1228

The 11.3.300.270 release is still useless :-) The bug ID  ID3300735 and ID3212648 are still valid.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3212648

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3300735

Still you can play Flash but nobody hear any sound. So I will keep it on 10.3.183.20!

LUkas

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 5:53 AM   in reply to ajp1228

ajp1228... I have been using the Adobe Flash uninstall tool to uninstall the various versions of Flash Player 11.3 that seem to be the cause of all the past few weeks problems. I then reboot and then install version 10.3.183.20 one more time which shows no negative effects on sites using Flash. I've assumed, rightly or wrongly, that the removal tool was all that was needed without manually removing any files. The feeling on various sites seemed to indicate that 10.3 was more secure than an edited version of 11.3 with protected mode disabled. Can anyone confirm this is the case or have I not been understanding the purpose of going back to version 10.3.183.20? I had at one time edited an early11.3 version to disable the protected mode but now find it more straight forward and faster to just uninstall the versions of 11.3 that don't seem to be doing the job and reinstalling 10.3 since I keep both the uninstaller tool and the install for 10.3 in my download folder for quick access. As for automatic updates, I have always disabled that feature on most software so I am only notified... this gives me the chance to look on the internet for any problems "new and improved" versions might be causing before even trying to update. I think the only time I do use automatic updating is for my Kaspersky IS12 as otherwise I want the chance to find out any adverse effects of updates before implementing them.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

As of this update my audio and video do not play correctly on Chrome. This happened to me last month but I managed to fix it by disabling then renabling flash in the browser (don't know why it was such an easy fix) but it's not working this time.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 5:14 PM   in reply to Sigma6987

This is frustrating.  I uninstall, reinstall, then it crashes.  I go again to look into the problem and Flash Player doesn't show as a listed program, but then I get a note it's installed and running.  It isn't.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 4:38 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I was experiencing crashes then suddenly it stopped.  I'm not sure what update flash player was at when the crashing stopped.  Everything was working properly until flash player was updated to 11.3.300.268/270.  Some videos won't play requesting flash player to be installed when it's already installed.  This is occuring on Firefox, IE & Chrome.  So I used the uninstaller, installed 10.3.183.20 but it's the same as 268/270.  Is it safe to install 11.3.300.265?  If 265 doesn't work as well, should I revert back to 10.3.183.20? 

OS Win 7 64-bit

Firefox 14

IE9

Chrome

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 6:02 PM   in reply to neuron600

I am having heavy audio chop/studdering on Chrome 21.0.1180.60 on Windows 7 with Flash 11.3.31.222

I have downgraded to 10.3 and that has aleviated all problems, I will stick with this version until 11.X is fixed

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 6:19 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I've got the updated new release flash player and it still crashes. 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to neuron600

I'm experiencing crashes now with 10.3.183.20.  Crash report sent in.

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (4)