Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I install a previous version of Flash Player

Dec 24, 2010 3:09 PM

I need to restore a prior version of Flash Player. I found the web site that has the archived versions of Flash Player but I don't know what to do after I download the archive.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 24, 2010 6:43 PM   in reply to taherte

Basically you uninstall the currently installed Flash Player, then extract the version you want from the archive and install it.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2010 9:05 PM   in reply to taherte

Maybe you need to supply more information

- what is your operating system & version?

- what is your web browser & version?

- what is the file name of the archive you downloaded?

P.S. and what is the Flash Player version you want to install?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 25, 2010 6:08 PM   in reply to taherte

Maybe it would be easier if you just did a System Restore to a point before you did the upgrade.

If that is not an option, to install 10.1.82.76 run flashplayer10_1r82_76_winax.exe (ActiveX for Internet Explorer) or flashplayer10_1r82_76_win.exe (plugin for other browsers).  Don't forget to uninstall the current Flash Player before attempting to install an older one.

However, maybe the problems with your current Flash Player can be fixed without going through all these troubles; what exactly are you experiencing?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2010 4:59 PM   in reply to taherte

I see; that is a rather strange problem - I have no idea how to resolve that.

What I would do if I were you; rather than going back to an older Flash Player version, I would try a newer one. Flash Player 10.2 (beta) is available from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

But if you want to go back to your previous FP version, the easiest way is to do a System Restore, as suggested in my earlier reply.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 2:29 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

Hi Pat i`ve just tried that but it kept telling me to go for 11 as its the latest can you help me please.while i`m on the subject of adobe 10 i once had it and it was better for

playing games then somehow got upgraded to adobe 11.Here hopefully Brian.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 9:01 PM   in reply to bri23460025

This topic is almost 2 years old; please start a new topic and provide all relevant information.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points