Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Download Assistant error 107 help

Feb 7, 2012 4:57 AM

Hi, I've spent the last few hours attempting to download AE trial but to no avail. The download assistant keeps bringing up error 107, I've sompleted solution one and restarted it several times, I've cleared cookies, I moved the location to the desktop instead of Program Files (even though I have admin rights) but it still brings up the error message. Can anybody help? I'm using Windows 7.

Thank you, any help would be greatly appreciated adobeAE.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2012 11:17 AM   in reply to hawa_h

Hawa_haq I would recommend completing solution 1 listed in Troubleshoot Adobe Download Assistant.  You have done part of the step but there is still the need to delete ADA local store folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 3:27 PM   in reply to hawa_h

What type of network are you using?  Do you have a software firewall installed which might be causing problems with the Adobe Download Assistant communicating with the Internet?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 3:40 PM   in reply to hawa_h

Ok you may want to inquire with your IT department?  Perhaps they can either download the software or relax the restrictions on your access?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 5:21 PM   in reply to hawa_h

hey, your windows need be 64 bits..

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 3:11 AM   in reply to thercyocavalcanti

If you're downloading Adobe After Effects or Premiere Pro on a Windows computer, you'll require a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to download these software on a 32-bit system, Adobe Download Assistant will display an error.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to hawa_h

then how can i download it ?!

i have windows 7 32-bit ! it seems that what you say is right .. because i tried to download other trails and it worked but after effects didnt.

is there another way to download it ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 8:48 AM   in reply to LG alien technology :P

You won't be able to run it on a 32-bit machine anyway? So if you're planning to install it on a 64-bit machine, you might as well download it on that machine itself.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 10:10 PM   in reply to hawa_h

I have the same problem with Elements 10, Perhaps there is a real problem with the download assistant

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 5:28 AM   in reply to jl200

actually i solved the problem .. i downloaded the CS4 - it doesnt require 64-bit OS

so try the same thing with Elements , download older version ...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 11:57 PM   in reply to LG alien technology :P

Seemed like a good idea and glad it worked for you but the problem seems to start and finish with the Download Assistant.  It freezes.  I have done everything I can think of. Turned off the firewall, used 3 different browsers, tried earlier versions (2) and am now reduced to swearing at the machine but it does not seem to care.  I think I will just forget it and look for another programme.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to jl200

jl200 what type of Internet connection are you utilizing?  With all the steps you have tried I would recommend using a different Internet connection to see if you have more success.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Google Chrome, Firefox, Explorer 8.  What else?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 5:22 AM   in reply to jl200

idk , just read about it and search in google maybe you will find something that will help you.

p.s. : i think he mean with the internet connection type is wireless connection or lan ... 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 5:53 AM   in reply to LG alien technology :P

What difference does wireless or lan make?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 6:03 AM   in reply to jl200

@jl200,

What software are you trying to download?

Error 107 indicates that your the Download Assistant is unable to communicate with Adobe.com

Have you had a look at the following document? See Solution 1, which normally resolves error 107. http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-download-assista nt.html#main_Solution_1

If this does not help, could you also tell us some more details about your computer and network. Windows or Mac? Do you connect to the internet via a proxy server or a software/hardware firewall?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 10:02 AM   in reply to Vikrant Rai

jl200 actually I was referring to Internet provider.  Considering the issues occur in both the Adobe Download Assistant and with direct downloads.

You can try a wired connection but it is likely you would notice if you were having difficulties with your wireless connection.  Whereas issues downloading via your Internet provider may only be apparent when downloading large files.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 4:57 PM   in reply to Vikrant Rai

I am using widows 7 and use a wireless connection.  I have pretty much tried all the things in the trouble shooter

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 5:04 PM   in reply to Vikrant Rai

Forgot to say I am trying to download Photoshop Elements.  I have downloaded things before without any trouble.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 11:29 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I see.  Well I use Bigpond.  I think it is too hard.  So thanks for all the advice everyone.  I will just forget it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 7:55 AM   in reply to hawa_h

I have the same problem when I tried to download After Effects CS6.

It's so repetitive.

Who's going to help me?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to AygoAdobe

it won't work you must have 64-bit OS or it won't download .. i just downloaded CS4 and it worked , there's no way else

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points