Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can I return to using Acrobat 9 Pro after upgrade to Acrobat X (CS6)

Jun 12, 2012 10:34 AM

Tags: #xp #acrobat_x_pro #acrobat_9_pro #windows_only #upgrade_cs4_cs6

I'm a heavy user of Enfocus' Pitstop in Acrobat Professional. I have their upgrade to Pitstop 10 which works with Acrobat X, but I could not get it to work on my computer with Acrobat 9, so I had to revert to the older version of Pitstop 8.6 I have. This has me very concerned about upgrading to Acrobat X, because I need a working copy of Pitstop and 8.6 will not work with 10.

(The problem was with Windows C++ Runtime environment, and I tried hard to solve it. No way to know if I still will have the problem in Acrobat X Pro.)

If I install CS6 and include Acrobat X, can I go back to Acrobat 9? Eveven if I can technically, although I still have CS 4 install discs, I'm sure it's complicated because upgrades always want to find discs/serial numbers/ products to even start an install.

Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to timfromidg

You said you  have their upgrade to Pitstop 10, doesn't that work with Acrobat X?

To install Acrobat 9, you have to install and leave on the computer a component of CS 4. If I remember you cannot install CS 4 on top of CS 5 so that probably goes for CS 6. You may have to de-activat CS 6, uninstall CS 6, Install an app from CS 4 like Photoshop and Acrobat 9. Activate Photoshop, and make sure Acrobat 9 is working. Update to the latest Acrobat 9 (9.5.1 or something). Then Install CS 6, but do NOT allow it to install Acrobat X. Then all should be well. You cannot remove Photoshop CS 4, it needs to be there as long as you want Acrobat 9.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to timfromidg

Can I ask if you have contacted Enfocus support?

I am the Product Manager for PitStop and we have literally ten's of thousands of people working with PitStop 10 with Acrobat X and Acrobat 9.

If necessary they can login through teamviewer and check.

If you want to mail me directly email is andrewb@enfocus.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points