Skip navigation
Dangthe
Currently Being Moderated

My fonts are not working correctly

Aug 2, 2012 11:15 AM

Tags: #fireworks #font_subset

Hello guys,

I noticed today that most of my added fonts are not working. I use a lot of fonts that have a cyrillic subset which were working perfectly fine till 2 days ago. Now when I select a text field and try to change the font face to one of the added fonts, it changes the font face to whichever the default font is and renders the font selection menu to blank. I am really puzzled, the fonts are installed in the Fonts folder in Windows, and they were working perfectly fine till a couple of days ago. I havent installed any Fireworks or Windows updates in the meantime. I am working in Fireworks CS5.

Cheers

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 11:22 AM   in reply to Dangthe

If you use a font manager like Linotype FontExplorer or Suitcase Fusion, I'd try running its "clean font cache" commands—for both system and applications. If not, then I'd try shutting down and then restarting the computer, as this would likely rebuild the system font caches.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 11:52 AM   in reply to Dangthe

I wasn't sure about my shut-down-and-restart suggestion, but I still think it might be a good idea to clear the font caches.  Here are a couple links on clearing font caches for Windows and Adobe apps:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7197467_rebuild-font-cache.html

http://www.illustratorhints.com/2010/05/cleaning-your-font-cache/

You might want to supplement this with some research of your own, then give it a try.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to Dangthe

Did you clear both the system (Windows) font cache and the application (Adobe) font caches, following the instructions closely?

Other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest. How many fonts are affected? Do they work properly in other applications?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points