Found one more problem with Save For Web in Photoshop CS6.
1. New Document
2. Choose - Save for web
3. In dialog window Photoshop CS6 offer to save in - os My Document Folder
4. Ok, every time I don't really need to save in os folders - I save files to my folders. So, change folder ...for example to disc D
5. Create another New document
6. Choose Save for web
7. And.... - Photoshop CS6 offer to save my file in os My Documents AGAIN !!!
So, in fact it's real uncomortable!!! ...if I save different files for web frequently ....I need every time change My Documents....it makes me nervous.......
Here - compare with CS3: CS3 remember "old" folder location even at another session (for example - after reload os)
Is there any fix this problem?
p.s. Testing on:
OS - windows 7 64 bit
cs6 - 64 bit extended
cs3 - 64 bit extended
Not happening here either, and I'm running Windows 7 x64, which is clearly a superior operating system for running Photoshop, based on all the recent posts by Mac users having problems here on the forum. Okay, I'm just jabbing station_two a bit here - I had to counter his little "Apple is superior" dig.
Samenman, not only does my Save for Web remember the last location it saved in, but it also remembers it across Photoshop sessions. We need to try to find out why yours is not.
What file type are you saving, specifically? Can you document a very specific sequence, noting every step, including details like what file type you're saving and so on, and document it here? I'll be happy to try to reproduce it.
Here's what I'm seeing (click on the thumbnail below to see an animation):
Noel, Yes! In your example everything works like on your video. May be my explanation was not so clear, so...I'm trying to describe in more details.
I don't know how to make video & animated gif by capture the screen...so I'll try to explain by words
1. Start CS6
2. Make New Document
3. Save for Web (save parametres are: JPEG, HIGH etc....I think it doesn't matter)
4. CS6 offer "My Documents"
5. Change the way to "Disc D"
6. Save it by name for example "Untitled-1".... & close window "Save for web"
7. Choose "Save for Web" again
....So, at this step - CS6 remember my current location "Disc D" even I open other file & use command "Save for web"...it saves to Disc D. Everything is ok.
8. Shut down the CS6
9. Run it again
10. Create new file or....even open saved file on disc D in previous session - "Untitled-1"
11. Save for Web
So, it's final: CS6 offer the "My documents" AGAIN
12. Run CS6 - Make New File - Save for Web to disc D by name "Untitled-1"
13. Keep the photoshop session & create new document...let's call it "Untitled-2" - so, now I have 2 files opened in CS6: "Untitled-1" (it was saved on disc D before) & new "Untitled-2"
14. So if I'll try to save second file "Untitled-2" fo web CS6 offer the way "My documents" AGAIN!
p.s. Tryied to do the same on CS3 - Shut down CS3 2-3 times, opened different files, create new docs - there's no trouble. In global - CS3 remember last way (in my case it's "Disc D") & doesn't change it by itself. In fact working in CS3 I din't feel any problems with this command "Save for Web", that's the reason I didn't write any questions on forums etc..... But starting to try CS6 I really feel it makes the work to change every time the folder ways not so comfortable...so I wrote the question here
p.s. 2 In spite of I didn't work in CS4-CS5 cause it were not comfortable in my opinion....now I wanted to test "save for web" in CS5. Trouble is the same even during one session:
1. Run CS5
2. Create new document
3. Save for web - CS5 offer "My Dociment", change it to "disc D" - save - ok
4. Shut down, run CS5 again
5. Create New, or even Opened old saved file to disc D (for example from step 3) - CS5 offer the way "My documents" again
I hope this my explanation was more clear to understand
Well, tested it on notebook with the same parameters os win 7 64 bit:
There is no such problem. I think problem desripted in first lines of this topic is that on PC I work I have 3 photoshops: CS3, CS5 & installed now CS6.....notebook has only CS3 & testing CS6....- there was no problem between CS3 & CS6
Europe, Middle East and Africa