Skip navigation
Citizen Gallagher
Currently Being Moderated

Issue with Bridge CS6

Aug 4, 2012 4:38 AM

Tags: #photoshop #cs6

I've recently upgraded to Photoshop CS6. My problem is, every time I open Bridge CS6, either directly or through Photoshop, Bridge CS5 opens up instead. I can change it to CS6 but not permanently, CS5 seems to override it. I still have Premiere Pro CS5.5 on my system and assume that's were the CS5 originates. It is very annoying, especially when opening minibridge. I want to keep PPro CS5.5 because I like Vid editing but I am a photographer and wish to enjoy the full charms of PS CS6. Any help would be fab.

John

Replies
  • JJMack
    6,049 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Aug 4, 2012 6:44 AM   in reply to Citizen Gallagher

Which OS are you using. If Windows check the properties of you Bridge shortcut to see if its point to CS6 bridge and also check your registry to see which bridge version is the default one. somethinf like

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\bridge.exe]

@="C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Bridge CS6 (64 Bit)\\bridge.exe"

"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Bridge CS6 (64 Bit)"

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,049 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Aug 4, 2012 8:16 AM   in reply to Citizen Gallagher

If its not the CS6 Install did not work correctly you could just try to install CS6 again on top of CS6.  If still bad edit shortcuts for the bridge to see if you can poit to the CS6 bridge and use regedit (be careful) to fix [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\bridge.exe]

If you installed CS6 beta you needed to un-install that first with a Adobe CS6 Beta cleaner before installing CS6.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation -problems.html

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4361731#4361731

Message was edited by: JJMack

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 8, 2012 6:59 PM   in reply to Citizen Gallagher

I'm having this issue as well. CS5 has an .exe that continues to run even though I've installed CS6. When I go to Task Manager and select the "processes" tab, there is a Bridge.exe file for CS5 that is running. I right click this item and "end process" which then allows CS6 to work instead. Is there a way to make this file stop running automatically every time I restart my computer?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 8, 2012 7:18 PM   in reply to katiearees

Yes, you both have CS5 Bridge running in the background. You can quit program in the Task Manager, but to disable this feature go to Bridge edit/preferences/advance and uncheck "start Bridge at login".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points