Skip navigation
CorbinWells
Currently Being Moderated

How do I play symbols in my scene?

Aug 4, 2012 7:55 AM

Hey, I started working on a new animation and am experimenting and teaching myself the whole interface for animating, learning new tricks , etc. I recently made a little movieclip symbol where a garage gets bigger and bigger to create a zoom in effect, I know to do the whole symbol editing by double clicking on the symbol and working from within, but I now want to take this and use it in my scene1 stage. The problem is, I'm left only with the beginning image after I converted the image into a symbol. How in the world do I get the thing to play on my stage without opening up the symbol menu? I have 19 layers and am trying to get a whole bunch of things together, my animation is planned at 5 minutes in length so there is lots to do. I prefer to hand draw things, I'm not going to settle for family guy style animation if you know what I mean...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to CorbinWells

If you created the object as a movieclip symbol, you will only see the first frame of it until you run the file.  If you want to be able to scrub the timeline to see it animating then you need to create it as a graphic symbol and spread it along the timeline for the number of frames that it has for its internal animation.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,228 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 12:49 PM   in reply to CorbinWells

create a keyframe in its last frame and add:

stop();

|
    Mark as:

More Like This