Skip navigation
PVGamesNL
Currently Being Moderated

Starting Auto-Analyzer.....

Aug 2, 2012 5:13 PM

Tags: #mac_os_x #stall #photoshop_elements_10 #auto-analyzer #mountain_lion

When I run Auto-Analyzer in Premiere Elements 10 on Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion), I see the dialog "Starting Auto-Analyzer....." but nothing's happening. I've waited and waited but Auto-Analyzer never starts.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2012 7:24 PM   in reply to PVGamesNL

Are you applying the Auto Analyzer to a particular clip in your Media panel or on your timeline?

If you're trying to run the Auto Analyzer over all, open the Organizer and, in its Preferences, set it to automatic by checking all the boxes.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 4:55 AM   in reply to PVGamesNL

It could be your video source. What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what resolution and format is it?

And have you matched your project settings to your source video? If so, you will NOT see red lines above your clips when you add them to your timeline. Is that the case in your project?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to PVGamesNL

Start up a Premiere Elements project using the project settings for a 1080p DSLR.

There are components in the program that aren't downloaded and installed until you first use them.

That may work. But it's hard to say. That camcorder is neither a true DSLR nor a true AVCHD cam.

In fact, if, when you add a clip to your timeline, the program offers to change the project settings, let it. It will make its best guess which codec your video is using.

Unfortunately, a number of these pocket cams create their own proprietary MOV codecs so that they can store their video on very small hard drives -- so they may or may not behave as they should in Premiere Elements.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points