Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

SWF files not displaying in browsers

Aug 4, 2012 8:33 AM

Tags: #error #flash #dreamweaver #cs6

Just installed CS6 Web and Design Premium on 27" iMac with OS X 10.7.4.  SWF files from Flash 5/Dreamweaver 5 display fine in all web browsers, but Flash CS6 (ActionScript 3.) SWF files result in the message - "Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation..."  I set the root folder of the web site I am working on as a Trusted Location Settings in my System Preferences and restarted, but no luck.   What am I missing?   Many thanks to anyone who knows what the issue is.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to Spazdog

Looks like this may be coming from a Flash security warning associated with something in the .swf attempting to connect with the Internet... or the annoying Active X warning.

Please describe in detail when and how the warning pops up and what the .swf is attempting to do or what it is used for.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to Spazdog

Is there or to the error message? ... like "Click here to allow" or anything like that?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 9:07 AM   in reply to Spazdog

If this is the message I think it is, it's just a local testing issue and will not come into play once uploaded to an on-line Web server.

I'd suggest that you upload and test to confirm.

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 9:20 AM   in reply to Spazdog

When you say "it" what do you mean?  Are you referring to the local alert message, or to the SWF.  If the former, then that's what adninjastrator is trying to communicate.  If the latter, then that's usually a pathing problem and you will need to post a link to the page so we can help you.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to Spazdog

We really need a link to the on-line page to diagnose further.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 10:08 AM   in reply to Spazdog

For some darn reason, DW or swfobject thinks that there is a Flash player version 15.... and there ain't! ... at least as far as I know.

Back the version down to the lowest that will work, version 10 if possible... that will avoid most of the "Update Flash" warnings.

<param name="swfversion" value="15.0.0.0" />

Change this in both places to version 10 and test again

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to Spazdog

Beats me!

They may call it "Forward looking code"... which will be useful in 3 years when there actually is a Flash Player 15! LOL!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points