Skip navigation
jemmabean
Currently Being Moderated

Where do I locate the programme now I have downloaded it?

May 31, 2012 3:07 PM

I've just installed the trial run of premier pro cs6 but now I can't locate the programe?

Where do I search/look for it?

Help me!

I can't find it

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to jemmabean

What is your Operating System (Mac, PC, Linux etc.)

This will help us in helping you find Premier Pro CS6

Zach

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 2:28 PM   in reply to ZDreier

By default it is downloaded to your User folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 6:48 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

i'm having the same issue with the download.  I am using a Mac.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to asav44019

downloaded the trial version of premiere cs6. it says that it was installed successfully and ready to use. however, i could not find the program in the list of programs in my start menu & even on my desktop. tried to locate through folder search but aside from the dloaded folder with the setup file, the program icon is not there that may enable you to launch the program directly. apparently, i checked my 'programs & features' from my control panel for uninstalling a program, & 'adobe premiere pro cs6' was there. help!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 11:46 AM   in reply to innovative92

Did you check Start>All Programs?  If it is not listed there then you should be able to find it installed in C:\Program Files(x86).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I am having the exact same problem, have downloaded and installed the premiere cs6 twice now, it say it has installed but I cannot find it in the start menu, program file, or anywhere else. All i have is a file with that name with files inside but no programme. Help!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to catwojcik

Catwjocik your next step would be to review your installation logs to see if there was an installation error which may have prevented the install from completeing.  You can find details on how to review your install logs at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 2:57 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thanks Jeff, I did as you and the instructions said. There were not fatal errors or errors just this...

warning DW064: Memory requirements not met for {7176B973-6011-43C1-AEBC-2D73FE7C6982} Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Family 6.0.0.0

Does that just mean I don't have enough memory then? I have found the programme in my control panel if I go to add or remove programs but can't open it. Do you think I should remove it and start again once I have made some space on the memory? thanks, CW

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 2:59 PM   in reply to catwojcik

Catwjocik I would first verify that you meet or exceed the system requirements for Premiere Pro.  You can find the system requirements at http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.html.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points