Skip navigation
BRGrimes
Currently Being Moderated

Reinstalling Photoshop Elements after computer crash

Aug 4, 2012 10:13 AM

Tags: #photoshop #adobe #elements #7 #reinstall

Here is what happened. My computer stopped working. Basically if continually froze up after about 2-3 minutes of running, any time I start it up. I took it to my IT guys at work, and even they had trouble. They couldn't back up the hard drive because there were 3 bad sectors.

There inlies the problem... Nothing could be backed up. Including photoshop. So the hard drive essentially started from scratch. They had everything they could get in a "windows.old" folder in the hard drive, which eventually was cleared because it was all useless. And Photoshop said there was a problem with the licence.

Basically, how do I, or can I, regain Photoshop without the disk and activation code? Is this something Adobe will help me with?

The program in question is Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 10:03 AM   in reply to BRGrimes

At the low cost of Photoshop Elements, and it being up to version 10 now, I would buy the newest version. (less than £50 from amazon UK).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 12:38 PM   in reply to BRGrimes

The only way to install PSE on a reformatted hard drive is to use the original installation media.  Because PSE7 is an old version, it is no longer available for download.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 2:53 PM   in reply to BRGrimes

Even if you could find a download, with PSE 7 a serial number from a boxed version will not work in a download and vice versa.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 6:17 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

I keeeeeep forgetting about that....

Thanks.

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points