Skip navigation
Elkie2
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot ungroup one page after opening a PM7 file in Indesign

Aug 4, 2012 3:13 PM

Tags: #cs4 #pm7

Hi,

I opened a PageMaker 7 file in Indesign CS 4. It looks pretty good and I have been able to resolve most errors. I have one page where all of the objects (text, photos & captions) appear to be linked, i. e., I cannot select just one of the items on the page. The entire page has a red rectangle around it with small squares at each corner. Near the upper left and lower right corners is a red arrow pointing to the right. Preflight does not show an error on the page, but I need to move one photo and have not been able to do so as I cannot select it. Many thanks to anyone who will response.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 3:22 PM   in reply to Elkie2

Please post a screen shot...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 5:18 AM   in reply to Elkie2

You can embed an image in your post by using the camera icon on the web page like this:

CameraIcon.png

It sounds like the group is in front of the other things you want to select. If that's true, holding the Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (mac) key while clicking will allow you to clcik down through the stack to select obscured objects.

Another tactic is to use layers and to lock or hide a layer so that the objects on it cannot be selected.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 5:49 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

I like your final idea better. I’ve gotten more and more reliant on the layers panel for this type of thing.

I find it the most efficient way of managing object heavy pages.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 5:53 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

No argument here.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status