Skip navigation
nicholascharleslawrence
Currently Being Moderated

After Effects and Websites

Aug 4, 2012 8:32 PM

Tags: #web #flash #website #effects #after_effects #dreamweaver #fireworks #animation #motion #cs6 #after_effects_cs5 #after_effects_cs5.5 #wiggle

I'm interested in using an animation achievable through AE for use in a website. I don't know if what I'm picturing is possible, so I went here.

I'm want to use a glass ball spinning animation similiar to the one here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ_KfhMhXpQ&feature=fvwrel) for a website.

Now imagine those orbs being smaller and floating up and down - an animation easy enough to achieve in AE - but how can I get that animation done for a website? The only interactivity would be that the orbs wiggle when a button is highlighted. What adobe software would be best for it?

I ask it here because I don't want to spam by asking the same question on Flash/Fireworks/Dreamweaver.

Thank you so much!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 5, 2012 4:10 AM   in reply to nicholascharleslawrence

The easiest would be Flash. AE is not the right tool to create interactive animations. Interactivity must come from another type of programming. Java, HTML5, Flash and other web programming languages are the right tools to use. AE, Photoshop, Illustrator and programs like them can be used to create elements for your interactive project,  but they are completely unsuited to author the programming necessary to make them interactive.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 5, 2012 8:50 AM   in reply to nicholascharleslawrence

Java Script or Action Script playing an image sequence or a flash movie. Here are a few facts that can't be ignored. Embedded movies, even overlaid will not be interactive. only the position of the movie can be controlled with a mouse. Movies are always rectangles. There is no edge detection in movies.

I'd suggest you look into flash gaming or java gaming for the web. I don't do that kind of work, but I've seen several demos. A video production / compositing forum not likely to have members with the kind of expertise needed to give you pointers on some very heavy programming and web interactivity.

I'd suggest a google search for interactive java demo. You'll find stuff like this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points