Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export high definition video for iPad 3

Aug 4, 2012 1:02 AM

Hi all

I have a video I have made using AVCHD. Is there a way I can export it for viewing on my iPad - the latest one which has the retina screen. I would love to keep the quality of the footage and view it on the iPad, but Premiere seems to only offer low quality export options for iPad.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 7:04 AM   in reply to Bronte Colagrossi

What are the recommended file specs. for that iPad3? What does Apple suggest? There might be a way to Export/Share to a recommended format/CODEC, but remember, PrE 10 was written well before the release of the iPad 3 and the Retina Display, so one might have to work a bit harder to accommodate it.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I'd start with Share/Mobile Phones and Player/iPad with the preset to Ipad Widescreen High Quality selected.

If that's not high-def enough, you can click the Advanced button at Share/Mobile Phones and Players/iPad and, under the Video tab, create a custom preset for 1920x1080.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to Bronte Colagrossi

In Reply # 12, in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4597574?tstart=0#4597574

Neale lists some iPod/iPad Export/Share settings, that might be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 6:03 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Also don't forget that the quality of the video you output isn't just the result of the output settings you choose.

It's also based on the model of camcorder you're shooting your video with, its resolution and codecs and how closely your Premiere Elements project settings match this video.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points