Skip navigation
stavroswade
Currently Being Moderated

How to put two of the same images in photoshop CS66 at the same time?

Aug 4, 2012 1:35 AM

Tags: #photoshop #error #image #mac #images #10 #cs6 #helptip #photoshop_cs6_beta

while i have an image in photoshop, i am trying to open the same image in a different tab but it will not let me it just goes back to the original picture,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 1:56 AM   in reply to stavroswade

The most easy solution is to open one instance of the image and then Duplicate... the image and you will want to duplicate it using the default name which is "[imagename] copy"

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 1:58 AM   in reply to stavroswade

One image is only one image, do you want to duplicate it (Image > Duplicate) or just be displayed in two windows (Window > Arrange > New Window for …)?

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,977 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Aug 4, 2012 6:51 AM   in reply to stavroswade

CS66 where can I get a copy has Adobe fix its bugs???

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 1:41 AM   in reply to JJMack

Huh?

Is someone else using your account, JJMack?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Aug 5, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to c.pfaffenbichler

I think it's really JJ there Christoph...  He has been pretty consistently down on Adobe lately about the many bugs in Photoshop CS6.  Can't say I blame him; I've been fortunate that none of them get in the way of things the way I do them in Photoshop, but I think I'm just lucky.

I guess in these modern times companies feel they can release whatever code they have on hand on the projected release date, and just fix the bugs in the field via the automatic update system.

Trouble is, having an automatic update system doesn't actually help much if the product just languishes for months without any actual updates to fix the bugs.  3 months now and not even one update?  Okay, so we got a new Camera Raw - which was buggier than its predecessor.

I have to say, I'm starting sympathize with JJ...  Things have been better, quality-wise.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Well, I can’t much complain about Photoshop in this incarnation so far, minor bugs are certainly there but my work is also largely unaffected.

Edit: But I guess JJMack may have written hastily, because the wording seemed a bit peculiar to me.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,977 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Aug 5, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to c.pfaffenbichler

Its simple the OP had a typo CS66 so I wanted a copy.  I make typo all the time.

IMO the bug in the PC Verison where if you un-check "Open document in Tabs" Cause many Scripts and Action to fail is a major problem.  Many of Adobe's own Scripts and Actions fail.  I think Adobe stopped testing their code and expects the beta tester will do that for them.  With CS6 I feel I being made a beta tester without pay just the pain. There is a bugs in scripting Adobe failed to add support the Bicubic Automatic which casuse an internal photoshop error. Adobe  broke the Action recorded Options that were recorded in previous version are no longer recorded. Save for web records .html instead of .jpg.  Action Player fails to put up some dialogs when you turn them on is steps and Adobe failed to fix the player bug I reported in CS5. There are many more bugs in both the Mac and PC Version of CS6. Go check out Adobe feedback site and verify if the bugs reported are bugs or user errors. Adobe has even acknowledged some as bugs and a few are actually be worked on.

I gave up on using CS6.  I know I can bypass most of the bugs. But I'm sure more bugs will surface.  I hate editing in tabs the only work around I found for that was to record an action that has two insert menu Itens. Float in Window followed be arrange cascade. I then used the script event manages and added two events. Open Document and New document and had them run that action. It not perfect for somd scripts and wctions will winf up adding a foating window with tabbed images in it. Using  Float all windows may work but mas have other side effects.

Adobe how about a CS6 update with some fixes and please include a list of which bugs are fixed by the update....

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 11:08 PM   in reply to JJMack

Sorry, I was just confused by the typos (which does naturally not mean I don’t make typos, either).

I hate editing in tabs

There I can sympathize, what with being a Mac user.

Adobe has even acknowledged some as bugs and a few are actually be worked on.

It’s no consolation with regard to the existing bugs, but at least members of the Photoshop team publicly acknowledge bugs – other teams seem less inclined to do so …

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points