Skip navigation
KL112117
Currently Being Moderated

Converting Video for Web .SWF

Aug 4, 2012 8:28 AM

I created an imovie to serve as a flash intro on my Go Daddy site. I used the Adobe Media encoder to convert the Quicktime file to an .FLV/.F4V file. I opened it with my Adobe Flash Professional CS4 to export it as an .SWF file .  It works fine on my computer but after an hour on the phone with a Go Daddy rep they discovered it's definitely something wrong with my video's coding. Please let me know if you have had similar problems and I would like to not have to download anymore software to my computer

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to KL112117

Well first off, you most likely did not convert it to a ".FLV/.F4V file".... since they are two completely different types of encoding.

To trouble shoot, you'll need to find out if the file is a .flv file or a .f4v file.

Then post a link to the actual on-line Web page... working video or not. We need to see and know more before we can diagnose further.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 5, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to KL112117

What video are you talking about? the video that displays on the spash page... the link above?

I see the video in both IE and Chrome....but it look like you have some aspect ratio and/or sizing issue.

Please describe exactly what the problem is... it displays.. it doesn't display, etc.

and exactly what do you see on you home computer that you don't see once uploaded to your server.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points