Skip navigation
ΓΒΠ
Currently Being Moderated

Print to a specific printer

Aug 4, 2012 4:29 PM

Tags: #a #printer #to #print #label #570 #brother #specific #ql

Hi I have done some searching on web sites and it looks as though this is possible, but I have not found a certain solution. It may be that each printer is different.

So I wanted to ask.

Is it possible to create a print button that will print to a specific printer?

The last page of my acrobat document is designed so that it will format and print with my label printer. Brother ql 570

Thank you for your time.
John

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 5, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to ΓΒΠ

Use the 'printParams' to set your printer's name, printerName, and other parameters and then use the 'print' method with the 'printParams' option to print. You may need to use 'printerNames' to get the system name of your specific printer.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 6:34 AM   in reply to ΓΒΠ

A tip, which I'm sure you'll just find annoying but one day it may help you. You aren't using Java, you're using JavaScript. These are two quite different things, both of which sometimes get used with PDFs. Sometimes JavaScript is shortened to JS, but it's probably best to just write it all out. (Why might it matter? One day you may be trying to follow advice on the web, and it's vital to know whether it's about Java or JavaScript).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 6:40 AM   in reply to ΓΒΠ

What is the output from the code:

var l = app.printerNames.length

for ( var i = 0; i < l; i++)
              console.println("(" + (i+1) + ") " + app.printerNames[i]);

You need to use the system name for the printer and not your local system name.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to ΓΒΠ

Did you by chance run across the Adobe Acrobat Guide for Javascript in Print Production? In the bookmarks section click "Print Production"

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/javascri pt/AcroJSGuide.pdf

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points